Official Review: Stubborn children by Norio Ando

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Stubborn children by Norio Ando

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Stubborn children" by Norio Ando.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stubborn Children by Norio Ando is a non-fiction guide about how to help children become more agreeable and relaxed. The author introduces some practical methods which can be used to relax children, allowing parents to make their children flexible and less rigid. The author uses a simple style to write his arguments, thereby attempting to easily persuade the reader that his methods are successful.

As soon as he introduces the book, the writer explores the meaning of relaxed pleasure. He explains that a happy, relaxed child is more agreeable and flexible, thus he/she can be more obedient towards his/her parents. He also introduces the idea of three emotions, claiming these emotions are tensioned emotion, excited emotion, and relaxed emotion. The author claims that a stubborn child displays excessive tensioned emotion, so that must be counterbalanced with excitement and relaxation. He also states that autism, hyperactivity, and other disorders arise from an imbalance of emotions, which distorts the child’s personality. Moving on, the writer gives the reader some treatment methods. For instance, by tickling a child to make him/her laugh and then letting him/her rest, the parent elicits relaxed pleasure on the child, which can make him/her more flexible.

There were many positive characteristics in this guide. Firstly, the book was fabulously structured, as a logical, coherent, and rational flow was maintained throughout the text. Moreover, the book was original, as the writer’s ideas were unique and creative. What I liked most in the text was that it contained diagrams and figures, which added vividness to the text, helping the reader understand the author’s treatment methods.

However, I also disliked a few things in this book. More analytically, the book was poorly edited, as I encountered several grammatical mistakes in the text. In other words, the guide must go through more professional editing before being published. What I disliked most in this book was its monotonous mood, as the writer repeated himself, thereby creating a boring, uninteresting, and repetitive atmosphere in the text.

This book is best suited for parents who have stubborn, disobedient children. Mothers will especially appreciate this book, as the author gives plenty of advice to mothers in the text. Both religious and non-religious readers may enjoy this guide.

All in all, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. I did not give it more stars because it was unprofessionally edited and monotonous. Nonetheless, I could not remove the final star due to the book’s excellent structure and originality.

Stubborn children
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I would love to read this book, as I have some kids in my mind who need to be more relaxed and calm. At least, that will give me more time to read,instead of getting constantly interrupted. It's sad to hear about the editing issues though. Great review!
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

This book could be useful to mothers and fathers struggling with their stubborn kids or even for a teacher. But I don't think it will be useful for me right now. Also, the book's pacing doesn't attract me. But thanks for the honest review!
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Harty Muli »

I think this will a helpful book to create an enhanced relationship between children and their parents. Nice review.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

I don’t totally agree with the author’s ideas as I believe that he should have included the diversity of children. Also, the grammatical errors deter me from actually enjoying it.
This review was insightful, thank you.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Insightful review for a book that still has a lot to improve on.
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

The title of this book is bound to pique anyone's interest. I hope it proves beneficial for the target audience. Thank you for the insightful review.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

Thank you for such a thorough and informative review :) I now know that, despite the pull of the cover art, this is not my genre.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I think, personally, as a mother of an autistic son, that I would probably disagree with this author. Autism can cause emotional imbalance but is not caused by. If it was then there would be a way to "cure" it.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

Stubborn and obstinate kids can be difficult to handle. All they need is proper attention and care. I feel this book can effectively help parents to find and fix the loopholes in the relationship with their kids.
Chinelookeke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelookeke.html
Latest Review: Fear Me Now by Christopher Williams

Post by Chinelookeke »

This book will help a bit in parenting. Parents with stubborn kids should watch out for books like this because it can go a long way in solving some challenges. The reviewer did a good job.
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This is ideal to be read by mothers who have little children. Thanks for your review.
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Effie Cherotich »

This book seems to serve as a guide for parents to handle stubborn children effectively. I love the fact that the book reviewer says that it has original ideas. It makes it more unique.
kikonde
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd edition
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by kikonde »

I don't agree totally with the people who say that '' this book is best for the mothers'', who seem to have stubborn children. The answer to that is no, no......why ??? because this book Serves as a guide to all parents to handle their children effectively despite of it's spontaneous errors, and mark you the children of now days if you put it into reality they seem to be like they are affected by the fumes of bacteria from mars planet other than the heart beats on the earth despite of their stubbornness which calls and needs a lot of attention from their parents called parenting care and saw as a guide to our children may be if at all other readers here are not parents , but I love the fact about it's uniqueness tails about the book review as he says that it has ideological traits.......With me I could as well give it3 out of 4 stars

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”