Review by ciecheesemeister -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: Homer, A Constant Companion.
Bookshelf Size: 724
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
fav_author_id: 165843

Review by ciecheesemeister -- Serendipity Mystery: Diary...

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Serendipity Mystery: The Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi is a charming middle-grade detective story told in the voice of Inca, a plucky Siberian cat who is the head of the eponymous Inca Detective Agency. When Inca and her feline siblings travel to Sri Lanka with their human mom, they initially have a relaxing time. But when Mom reads in the newspaper that a valuable sword was stolen from the museum in Colombo, it’s time to solve the mystery.

This lovely story is presented in simple enough language for young readers to enjoy on their own without talking down to them. The story had humorous aspects but doesn’t have a lot of silly “slapstick” moments.

As well as the adventure aspect, the author also includes opportunities for kids to learn about wildlife, such as when Inca befriends Rani the sea turtle and Meena the elephant. Inca also teaches life lessons such as the benefits of being organized and prepared through her well-considered actions during each chapter.

Kids on the older end of the middle-grade spectrum will probably finish the story in an afternoon. It is a quick and fun-filled read with beautiful and imaginative illustrations to inspire the minds of young readers. Even adults who like both animal and mystery stories are likely to enjoy this fun, feline-led adventure.

Kids who love animal adventure stories will delight in this book. I was always a great animal-lover as a child, and cats were among my favorite animals. I was reminded of watching movies such as The Aristocats. The characters are dynamic and well-rounded. The story has just enough peril to make things suspenseful.

I give Serendipity Mystery: The Diary of a Snoopy Cat four out of four stars. The book was professionally edited and nicely formatted. There was nothing I disliked about this family-friendly tale.

Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis-seres-rodriguez.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

Great review! You're right,the author did a good job teaching about wild animal life in this book. My favorite part was when Inca had to run away from the "nasty python"
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

A book of a team of animals who are detectives, it was so interesting. Reading how animals befriend each other really gave a smile on my face. Nice review.
bookreviewmi1111
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookreviewmi1111.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by bookreviewmi1111 »

A book of a team of animals who are detectives, it was so interesting. Reading how animals befriend each other really gave a smile on my face. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”