Official Review: Adventure on a DARE by Fritz Sprandel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Adventure on a DARE by Fritz Sprandel

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Adventure on a DARE" by Fritz Sprandel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Adventure on a DARE by Fritz Sprandel is the author’s memoir on his adventure traveling from New York to California by canoe. The writer decided to do this insane adventure after being dared by one of his friends for a dime as a reward. Through his casual and simple style of writing, the author makes a positive impression on the reader’s mind, engaging him/her in the story through his conversational tone.

The memoir is set in the 1970s, during the writer’s young years. He describes his life after being discharged from the Army, highlighting his alcoholism, which cost him his marriage. He then narrates how his friends dared him to go from New York to California with a canoe. He accepted the dare, taking with him only essential items, such as food, water, and some beer. He describes his dangerous adventures, such as sailing in the fog, navigating stormy seas, and becoming a captive in communist Cuba. However, he escapes through all these challenges, explaining that it was God who saved him from all his perils. Through it all, he stayed focused on his goal and met new people, creating friendships and relationships which stayed permanently ingrained in his memory.

There were many positive elements in this memoir. Firstly, this book was professionally edited, as I noticed a tiny number of errors, which greatly increased the author’s credibility. Also, the author added some pictures, which added beauty and liveliness to the text. Furthermore, the story was exquisitely structured, as it followed a logical, methodical, and rational pattern, allowing the reader to clearly understand the writer’s experiences. I also liked the fact that the memoir was original, as the author was creative, describing his experiences in a unique way. What I liked most about this novel was that it kept me on the edge of my seat, as it has many scenes full of suspense, tension, and heavy emotions. Consequently, there was nothing I disliked in this memoir.

This memoir is best suited for male readers who enjoy reading about adventures at sea. Male readers will prefer this book, as the main characters in the story are men, so the story is written from a male perspective. Christian readers will enjoy this book more, as the author writes from a Christian point of view.

In conclusion, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because it was exceptionally edited, logically structured, original, and engaging.

Adventure on a DARE
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

Explicit review, would need to be thrilled by this book myself.
Nwaogazie Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaogazie-goodness.html
Latest Review: The Harlem Story by Danny Holst

Post by Nwaogazie Goodness »

Perfectly written review!
But well, like you stated, male readers will love this. I'm not.
Venomviper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Venomviper »

The Book Seems interesting and might have Very important information on how Alcohol can make people loose everything .
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I love the premise of this book. I can only imagine what the author had to go through. Thanks for the thorough review.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

What an adventurous soul! I can't imagine embarking on such a perilous journey, the author must have had quite an experience. I'm glad he overcame his struggles. Thanks for your review.
Gabrielle Sigaki
Currently Reading: Business Basics BootCamp
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabrielle-sigaki.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Gabrielle Sigaki »

Adventure on a DARE is a title that already explains something about the book. I'm curious to see how the difficulties the protagonist passed through changed him. It's quite an interesting idea the author developed. Thanks for the great review!
Jessy6332
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jessy6332 »

An amazing adventures premise. I love to hear more. Thanks for the great review
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

An amazing, yet creepy and scary adventure. Great review
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

This book seems to excel in both context and tones. Although I'm not into memoires, I'll perhaps save it for a rainy day. Appreciate the review though.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

This book seems beautifully written and I would love to read it myself.
Thanks for the enthralling review!
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

It is quite strange to know how an adventure done on a dare can end up being written into a book. Seems quite interesting to me.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”