Official Review: Mornings With Ron by Ron Tyson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Official Review: Mornings With Ron by Ron Tyson

Post by Cecilia_L »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mornings With Ron" by Ron Tyson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mornings With Ron by Ron Tyson is a collection of brief uplifting messages that illustrate making the most of each day. Tyson is the founder of the non-profit program, Bring Smiles to Seniors, and his positive reflections do indeed "...provoke thoughts, inspire the heart, and feed the soul" as the book’s subtitle suggests. Sharing from his experiences along life's journey, Tyson offers insight, hope, and encouraging words.

The 148-page book is eloquently written and exceptionally edited. Readers will appreciate Tyson's positivity and down-to-earth advice on a range of universal issues, including gratitude, inner beauty, perseverance, self-reflection, acceptance, embracing sadness, avoiding self-doubt, and living life to the fullest. Most of Tyson's messages are only a few pages, but their brevity does not limit their ability to lift the reader's spirit and provide food for thought.

I especially enjoyed Tyson's touching memories about Grandma Lola Mae. He featured several reflections on the lessons he learned from his hard-working, forklift-driving, fiercely loving grandmother; her family-first values and inspiring work ethic could likely fill a book on their own. I was reminded of my dear grandmother as Tyson tenderly described Grandma Lola: "...her strength came not only from her religious beliefs--and she was definitely a woman of God--it came from her ingrained belief that no matter how little you had, you always gave back in thanks for what you were given." After reading "Grandma Lola Mae: The Cake," I could practically smell the aroma of fresh-baked pound cake!

I am unable to name anything I dislike about this heartwarming read, so I'll share highlights from a few more of Tyson's messages. For instance, he compares the beginning of a new day to a master artist's approach to a blank canvas in "What Does Your Palette Look Like?" In "Doing Without So We Could Have," Tyson shares his gratitude for the sacrifices his parents made for him and his brother. On a more serious note, he delivers a strong reminder in "The Power of Words"; Tyson recalls the stinging impact of a negative comment he received after placing second in a high school competition.

It is my pleasure to rate Mornings with Ron 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the uplifting collection to readers who enjoy positive messages and motivational reflections. It is likely to appeal to readers of various faiths due to Tyson's emphasis on gratitude, positivity, and intentional living. However, those who dislike books with a self-help slant may prefer to pass on this one. The book contains no profanity.

Mornings With Ron
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

I like such character driven novel, this must be a great book I'll consider reading it one day, thanks for the great review.
Absence of evidence is never an evidence of absence
Wuoketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wuoketch.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wuoketch »

This book sounds interesting. I will definitely add it to my read list. Thanks for the thorough review.
LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

It sounds like a book I'd like to translate into my native language for there are many people, especially elderly, in need of inspiration in the place where I come from!
Thank you for such an informative and nicely written review! :)
Meenashiva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenashiva.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington
2024 Reading Goal: 860
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Meenashiva »

I actually loved the cover of the book. And I liked how beautifully you gave the insight of the book. Definitely considering reading it. Great review
Never stop learning. Read the entire panorama of literature.

Thomas Edison

:lire4: :techie-studyingbrown: :eusa-violin: :eusa-violin:
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Phelicia Gloria wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 11:55 I like such character driven novel, this must be a great book I'll consider reading it one day, thanks for the great review.
You're welcome. I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Wuoketch wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 14:06 This book sounds interesting. I will definitely add it to my read list. Thanks for the thorough review.
You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

LinaJan wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 14:55 It sounds like a book I'd like to translate into my native language for there are many people, especially elderly, in need of inspiration in the place where I come from!
Thank you for such an informative and nicely written review! :)
Thank you for your kind comments. :tiphat:
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Meenashiva wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 15:33 I actually loved the cover of the book. And I liked how beautifully you gave the insight of the book. Definitely considering reading it. Great review
Thank you!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

Self help books are my thing. I love the motivational aspect of this book and would love to read to it. You did a great job with the review. Thanks
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

This sounds like an interesting read. I should read it too. Beautiful review
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Ekabajong wrote: 20 Jun 2020, 17:53 Self help books are my thing. I love the motivational aspect of this book and would love to read to it. You did a great job with the review. Thanks
Thank you. I appreciate your comment.
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

Laurina_Olowo wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 04:51 This sounds like an interesting read. I should read it too. Beautiful review
Thank you, Laurina. :tiphat:
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

The book sounds so powerful in a calm and light way! I giggled a bit with Grandma Lola (lola is Tagalog/Filipino word for grandmother). I felt the light and calm energy of this book just by reading your review! Thank you! Mornings with Ron definitely goes straight to my to-read list!
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:

Post by Cecilia_L »

jennydelacruz wrote: 21 Jun 2020, 16:41 The book sounds so powerful in a calm and light way! I giggled a bit with Grandma Lola (lola is Tagalog/Filipino word for grandmother). I felt the light and calm energy of this book just by reading your review! Thank you! Mornings with Ron definitely goes straight to my to-read list!
Thanks for sharing about "lola" being the Filipino word for grandmother--interesting! Yes, she is quite the character! I appreciate your comments.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”