Official Review: Eternal Love by Timothy Zurcher

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Eternal Love by Timothy Zurcher

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eternal Love" by Timothy Zurcher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Eternal Love is a contemporary fiction novel written by Timothy Zurcher and published by Xlibris in March 2017. At 112 Kindle edition pages, the story is easily read in one sitting, particularly once the character depth reaches the most profound level. The story follows Jeff Roth, a high school student working in maintenance in a local cemetery.

As the start of summer is approaching, Jeff stumbles upon an old man visiting the cemetery every day and gazing at the same tombstone. As local town rumor says, the mysterious man is dangerous and murdered his wife long ago, with no justice served. Although Jeff is skeptical at first, he begins conversing with the old man, who we are introduced to as Dan Williams, and finds the rumor to be just that, a horrible, miscommunication.

Jeff and Dan spend time every evening chatting about Dan's story once the daily obligation at the cemetery is completed. They travel back through time with Dan recollecting some of his favorite memories, including how he met his wife before her passing. As the days go on, Dan evolves his story to familiarize Jeff on the true circumstances of how he lost the love of his life and how the entire town perspective was mistaken. Although Jeff now views Dan as his best friend, his parents fail to see the same and forbid him from visiting with Dan. Despite his parents' disapproval, Jeff continues to meet with Dan and absorbs some of his famous lines and tricks, allowing him to meet Amelia, the first girl to truly catch his attention.

A perfect read for those enjoy a short, yet emotionally profound novel, Eternal Love offers lessons about growing up, forgiveness, and finding your pathway in life. From the beginning of the novel, Jeff appeared to be just a simple adolescent boy working an after school job to pass the time. As the story progressed, Jeff seemed to mature and grow, even in just a week's time. Dan's character also managed to develop from the beginning, although he was already an old man. He quickly evolved from a reserved man, shut down to the outside world due to years of betrayal, to a man seeing a new light, thanks to the companionship offered by Jeff.

I am pleased to note that while reading Eternal Love, I found no grammatical/spelling errors, showing the author took careful consideration to competently provide editing for his work. My favorite part of the story was the instant connection felt between Jeff and Dan, as if they had known each other their entire lives, despite the significant age difference between them.

I'm thoroughly pleased to rate Eternal Love by Timothy Zurcher 4 out of 4 stars and would gladly recommend it to any reader who enjoys a classic love story, tied in with some trauma and pain. The novel provided a steady pace, bouncing back and forth in time with Dan's story from the past, back to Jeff's current encounter with love in the present.

Eternal Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

A short romance novel that not only shows a glimpse into a life well-lived but provides lessons and teachings that can be followed by generations to come. It is a pity that the old man was perceived in a negative way, and it just goes to show that you can't judge someone based on the rumours you hear from others. Thank you for an informative and well-written review! Happy reading :techie-studyinggray:
Awesomeliker
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-awesomeliker.html
Latest Review: The Demon of the Well by James B. Hendricks

Post by Awesomeliker »

This looks really amazing and I was looking for something just like this. Thank you for the amazing review!
Live your life in a way that you won't look back and regret things :D
keerti baranwal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by keerti baranwal »

Thanks for your review.....I'll definitely read it... :techie-studyinggray:
Usma Khann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usma-khann.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Usma Khann »

Based on your review, my favourite aspect is going to be the various life lessons scattered in layers throughout the entire book.🌸
Readers know it. Authors know it. Publishers know it. A promising review sells books! :roll:
Bits Of Inkling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bits-of-inkling.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Bits Of Inkling »

I think the story would show two different form of love: from an old man and a younger one.

Nowadays, i think, it's seldom that young people are interested in what the elders has to say. They are more risk taker & learn from first hand experiences w/o any advices.

If young one would be able to learn from his senior, then he would understands what does it mean to love.

It's interesting to see how this kind of relationship would work.
ELANOR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elanor.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by ELANOR »

The author seems to have done a good job of character development in the space of such few pages. Coming of age themes and love seem to be well demonstrated. Sounds like a novel worth reading
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

Nice summary and review! I think the author has nailed in producing creative plots. I am intrigued on how thre events turn through reading your review. Good job!
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
amor_salvacion1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by amor_salvacion1 »

it's good. it's also gives me warm and cold feelings. But, yes that's life it's normal to be a good side of yourselves. We have old ones and younger ones, sometimes you have to deal both side. Understood what each moods and feelings, in the summary situation and review they show how love moves in different way from different people. All people will lesson learned about something they might have done. So far nice summary and review. Happy reading!
Rubbi
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubbi.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Rubbi »

I like the premise of the book and I pity with Dan for the rumors and loss of his wife. Sounds like an intriguing book and one that exudes great lessons as it entertains.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Bits Of Inkling wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 11:26 I think the story would show two different form of love: from an old man and a younger one.

Nowadays, i think, it's seldom that young people are interested in what the elders has to say. They are more risk taker & learn from first hand experiences w/o any advices.

If young one would be able to learn from his senior, then he would understands what does it mean to love.

It's interesting to see how this kind of relationship would work.

I agree, thank you!!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Zainabreadsnow
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainabreadsnow.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Zainabreadsnow »

This sounds like a deep and invigorating read. Thank you for the incredibly detailed review. I can't wait to read this!
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

Sounds like an enjoyable read! So happy you liked it! Will add on my to-read list.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”