Official Review: A Critical Investigation into Precogniti...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ciecheesemeister
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal: 5
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 456
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ciecheesemeister.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
fav_author_id: 165843

Official Review: A Critical Investigation into Precogniti...

Post by ciecheesemeister »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Critical Investigation into Precognitive Dreams" by Paul Kiritsis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Critical Investigation into Precognitive Dreams: Dreamscaping Without My Timekeeper by Paul Kiritsis is a scholarly text examining the phenomenon of dreams hinting at or directly depicting events that later come to pass. The author is a psychotherapist, and the book approaches precognitive dreaming from a scientific rather than a mystical standpoint.

The author discusses his feelings regarding the shortcomings of modern science when it comes to investigating phenomena such as precognitive dreams. Such phenomena are difficult to prove using a system of empirical evaluation, but they exist nonetheless, and it is worth studying them from an agnostic standpoint rather than writing them off because they are difficult to measure using currently existing scientific methods. The author discusses historical viewpoints regarding precognitive dreaming and provides multiple examples of this phenomenon from various subjects who participated in his studies.

I give A Critical Investigation into Precognitive Dreams four out of four stars. The book is professionally edited. I did not find any errors in the text. The case studies are fascinating, and I appreciate the author’s agnostic approach to the subject matter. I am interested in metaphysical topics such as precognitive dreaming and extrasensory perception and it is wonderful to find a book that does not rely on religious or mystical faith or on a very stringent type of scientific proof. The author’s open-mindedness is refreshing.

I enjoyed the feeling that I could read the case studies and theories without feeling like I was either being judged for not being a believer in any particular religion or being judged for believing that there are real phenomena and abilities that cannot be measured by modern scientific techniques. I have had precognitive dreams myself and found that it is quite difficult to be open about these occurrences for fear of being ridiculed.

A Critical Investigation into Precognitive Dreams is a brief book, but it is not a fast read. I put the book aside between each chapter to allow the things I had learned to sink in. I strongly recommend this book to open-minded readers who are interested in studying metaphysical phenomena and who enjoy in-depth research.

I do not recommend this book for the reader who is seeking brief explanations of psychic phenomena coupled with exciting anecdotes or who is looking for techniques or rituals to induce precognitive dreams. The book does provide various examples of precognitive dreams, but it is written from the perspective of a researcher, not a guru or teacher.

A Critical Investigation into Precognitive Dreams
View: on Bookshelves

Stephanie Elizabeth
2019 Reading Goal: 40
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 140
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Beyond Dreams by Carlotta Amerio

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This sounds like an informative read and, I, like you, like that the author is not forcing the reader to submit to any particular religion or scientific belief. Such an engaging review; thank you.

Chimdi_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimdi-3.html
Latest Review: Waves Break (on Unknown Shores) by Barry Litherland

Post by Chimdi_3 »

This viewpoint is different from what I am used to and I wouldn't mind reading g the book to have a better understanding of precognitive dreams. Thanks for the review.

Prince Chime
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-chime.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Prince Chime »

I liked the fact that the book uses a scientific rather than a mystical standpoint to present the concept of precognitive dreams. It gives scientific research something to consider. Great and concise review.
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
:)

sirbobthewise
Currently Reading: Embracing Defeat
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirbobthewise.html
Latest Review: PRAGUE: Darkness Descending by Robert Tecklenburg

Post by sirbobthewise »

Precognitive dreaming is a really fascinating topic, and I appreciate the author’s approach, as it seems like it is not the norm. I appreciate your willingness to tell a bit of your personal experience with precognitive dreaming, as well, and I think it’s wonderful when people can share and stand upon scientific data while also recognizing that science has not yet been able to explain or measure everything. Thanks for a great review! I may give this book a try.

Teddyquam
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teddyquam.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Teddyquam »

Wow, this seems very intriguing. As someone who usually does not remember their dreams at all, I am amazed at the idea of dreams predicting future events. COOL.
Do you ever feel like you spend too much time reading? Yeah. Me neither. :lol:
:reading-4:

LinaJan
Favorite Author: Connor Mackay
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 236
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linajan.html
Latest Review: In the Time of the Feathered Serpent by Stanley Struble
fav_author_id: 197769

Post by LinaJan »

As a psychology student, I am extremely intrigued by this book! There's nothing like a good case study based on empirical evidence/considerations! I am so pleased I've come across this :D Thank you for such an inviting review!

Jachike Samuelson
2019 Reading Goal: 12
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 91
Currently Reading: Of Zots & Xoodles
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jachike-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Small Beginnings Require Bigger Dreams by Stephen A. Johnson

Post by Jachike Samuelson »

It's refreshing that this book approaches the idea of dreams from a scientific standpoint, rather than a mystical one. It sounds like it is worth a try

Nkoo
Currently Reading: Priceless, From Adversity to Advantage
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: A Memory of Time by Virgilio A. Reyes Jr.

Post by Nkoo »

I totally agree with you; one needs an open mind to read and appreciate this kind of narrative. It sounds like a book I will want to read. Thanks for your review.

damis
2019 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Antichrist Caught In The Acts by Betty Lee

Post by damis »

Now that sounds like a very interesting read! I'd like to check it out. Great review!

Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

It was an engaging review. Thanks.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”