Review by Michael40 -- Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael40
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 209
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael40.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Michael40 -- Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Michael40 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Striving to think in the positive, rational and critical sense of the word helps a man navigate his right path in life. However, it is better not to think at all than to be ignorantly impious. To avoid being misguided while you think is what Killing Abel; a book written by (i)Michael Tieman is all about.(/i)The book encompasses the author’s deepest and utmost feelings. It reveals the infinite mercy y of God: when God rebukes or punishes or allows calamities it’s always a blessing in disguise. This is what Adam and Eve discovered when they were expelled from the Garden of Eden, living a life of struggles, pains, etc. They discovered that God only used the punishment to bless them in disguise. This discovery helps them understand better and deeper how gullible they had been. They invariably realized they were just evil. Guilt soon overcame them but soon stumbled on what to do to overcome it. Adam soon realized the meaning of God’s kindness to them when He killed a ewe, the tenth creatures that God had Adam name. He soon discovered that the act teaches sacrifice; a way to overcome guilt. He discovered that someone innocent would have to pay for their debt of sin somehow. He went ahead to build an altar and began to sacrifice to God. He teaches his children to follow suit but not all his children did that with faith and love. Cain the first son was always indifferent. But Abel was ever faithful. They made their choices and that soon gave birth to two generations of people through out the whole earth for ever. Cain represents hostility, pride and unrepentant attitude while Abel represents repentance, faith and love. He repented of sin of indulgence. He was supportive of his brother who wouldn’t obey his father to sacrifice to God unless he was indulged by Abel. The sacrifice is the reason he was wrested from the wandering spirit when he was killed by Cain becoming the first spirit to be procreated. Although he is no longer in flesh, he became the first spirit to be procreated because of the sacrifice.

Lucifer insinuated himself into the house of Adam because Adam and Eve didn’t use their fee will well. While Adam’s whereabouts was unknown, Lucifer went after Eve and conquered her resistance. He only had to trick Eve into perceiving God’s restriction to the tree of knowledge as unnecessary. He challenged her trust and obedience and she responded badly. When Adam came around, he was tricked too.

As time went by, Adam and Eve had their first male child. Cain was born on the thirteenth day of a certain month. Thirteen is an unlucky number. It was a day rebellion took place in the Garden of Eden. It is not a number that represents faith. When Adam and eve were desperately in want of a male child, they cried to God and God answered them by giving them a recipe. God said to Eve, when you are cleaned wait for a clear fourteen days and after then you can go ahead and copulate so that you Cain a son but Eve did not do just that and she once again dragged her husband into it. Cain’s coming to mother earth was arranged on the thirteenth day, the day of rebellion. Basically, he was not a product of faith. This is how flawed Cain’s foundation is. Abel’s was just the opposite and this explains why Cain was always after Abel’s life. He eventually killed Abel. But Eva the first child of Adam who got married to Abel shortly before his demise swore a revenge. She went after Cain to avenge her late husband but ended up in Cain’s arms now bearing his children in dilemma.

One thing this book reminds me of is choice. Another is the mercy and blessing of God. When He punishes it is blessing in disguise. There is much to learn about repentance, from the book. It is a piece that teaches love and relationship management. A father needs to love to his children, a husband needs to treat good his wife and love among brothers should be based on faith and love rather than law. Ultimately, the sacrifice that He wants is that one that is based on faith and love.

The excitement in this fiction is unusual. The author unusually sustains tension and suspense and it makes the delivery full of life, spirit and inspiration. Although it is a fictionalized account of the history of creation and the rebellion and judgment as it is detailed in the bible specifically in the book of Genesis, it is an imagination or a creativity that is delivered with Olympian detachment. The one or two typos and omissions will not stop me from rating this book (b)3 out of 4.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I enjoyed the spiritual insights that you included along with the summary of the book. It looks like the author did quite a bit of embellishing to round out the story. This looks like an interesting take on a well-known story. Thanks for the fascinating review!
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

Your opening line caught my attention immediately. The story of Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel are well known by many of us, and this author seems to bring a new, creative vision of the Genesis version. Informative review! Thank you.
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

Though it's a biblical fiction, I have learned some of the beggining events and the Genesis's aftermath. I was reluctant to read it, but out of curiosity I finished the book. I rated it 3/4 stars, it would've been perfect if bot because of the editing. It is appropriately organized, you'd be enthralled reading it.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

I like books that expand on the Bible with new insights.
UzmaKhan
Currently Reading: The Woman Before Wallis
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzmakhan.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by UzmaKhan »

An interesting read indeed. But I may skip it because of the religious element.
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

I've already got this one on my Want To Read shelf and looking to forward to reading it soon. I'm encouraged by your insightful review. Thank you.
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Post by Dee_Robert »

UzmaKhan wrote: 28 May 2020, 03:57 An interesting read indeed. But I may skip it because of the religious element.
Hey UzmaKhan, Nice pic, I almost didn't recognise you.

Nice Review. The authors perspective is new and astounding.
For me, For man & For God.
-Dee.
Prince Chime
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 116
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-chime.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Prince Chime »

I did enjoy reading this book on first ten. I loved the way the author added more insight to Bible stories.
Great review
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
:)
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

I'm currently reading this book and I enjoyed your review. Can't wait to finish the book myself.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Rubbi
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rubbi.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Rubbi »

The book hosts a good deal of Biblical insights and uplifting content. I think it is a book that every christian reader should consider having on their shelves.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I read this book a while back, and it's resourcefulness especially in filling some missing gaps in the Bible is worth noting. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”