Review by book_fanatic_ -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Review by book_fanatic_ -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by book_fanatic_ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tom planned everything and was ready for his trip with his friends. Suddenly, a knock on his door interrupted him. An unknown girl, claiming to be Tom’s granddaughter, entered his house, and he didn’t know what he should do then. His friends convinced him to take her along with them. The girl disliked the journey and had some issues with Tom. This resulted in her disappearance and nobody knew where she was. After many days of search, the girl appeared, in a ravaged state, and her story about her disappearance was impossible to believe.

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a book of adventures, relationships and science that mainly discusses the history of the people of North America. The story develops around the character of Sarah, a girl whom her grandfather takes on a trip. But the truth seems to be something different, as William states, “Are we taking Sarah on this trip or is she taking us?” The book has many details about the different theories regarding the history of North America, the tribal people and some authorities who want to destroy the heritage for their own selfish motives.

The one thing that I liked the most about the book is the character of Sarah. She is bold and brave; the title of the novel is set on Sarah’s nickname in the novel, given to her for her quirky personality. I also liked William’s strong character in the book; he is my second favorite. The fact that this book has very few grammatical errors, impressed me. This is a good book for history lovers as it contains many scientific details assembled in a beautiful story.

The thing that I disliked the most about the book is the development of the story that Sarah narrates to everyone. At many places the descriptions and details are too much and thus, the reader loses the interest as it becomes boring to read. At times, while reading that story within the story, I felt like skipping the paragraphs as I lost that connection that maintains the interest of a reader. The author could have improved this portion of the plot by making the descriptions about the facts a little more intriguing.

Thus, I would conclude that the book has a good plot construction. Though it felt a bit boring in between, the positive point is that it still managed to engage me to read more and learn about the mysteries. Therefore, I would rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. People who like history and the science related to it or the ones who want to know about historical facts without getting bored would like this book. If someone is not fond of books with many facts and details and wants to read just a mystery book with suspense, then, I would not recommend them to read this book as the mystery in this one revolves around history and it might bore those readers.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I am not much into this kind of books, yet I enjoyed your nice and thorough review. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

You got me intrigued! Sounds like a great thriller with a very interesting background. Thank you very much for the review!
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

This sounds like an interesting book for lovers of adventure and history. Thanks for the review!
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Sushan wrote: 21 May 2020, 11:12 I am not much into this kind of books, yet I enjoyed your nice and thorough review. Thank you 👍👍
Thank you for your kind words. The book is certainly not everyone's cup of tea. Frankly speaking, it's not the one that I would read again. :shhh:
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Ellylion wrote: 21 May 2020, 12:37 You got me intrigued! Sounds like a great thriller with a very interesting background. Thank you very much for the review!
Thank you so much. I hope you would like it. :) :tiphat:
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Tomah wrote: 21 May 2020, 21:07 This sounds like an interesting book for lovers of adventure and history. Thanks for the review!
Yes, it is indeed. Thank you for the comment.
Tonika632
Currently Reading: White Night
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonika632.html
Latest Review: Chemicals and Christians by Martha McLaughlin

Post by Tonika632 »

Sounds really interesting, I might give it a look. Really nice review!
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Tonika632 wrote: 22 May 2020, 14:39 Sounds really interesting, I might give it a look. Really nice review!
I hope you would like it. Thank you for the admiration. :)
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I think I'll enjoy reading this book, seeing that the main character is strong. Also, the book seems to be loaded with suspense and mystery, and that has me hooked. Great review!
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:

Post by book_fanatic_ »

Adanna Inya wrote: 23 May 2020, 13:11 I think I'll enjoy reading this book, seeing that the main character is strong. Also, the book seems to be loaded with suspense and mystery, and that has me hooked. Great review!
Yes, she is! I hope you would like it. Thank you for the kind words. :D
She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live. - Annie Dillard

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”