Official Review: Wet Paint by Jada Jackson

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shannonkate8.html
Latest Review: Ivan and the Silver Seeds by Ivy Lin and Walter Sattazahn

Official Review: Wet Paint by Jada Jackson

Post by shannonkate8 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wet Paint" by Jada Jackson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes, given everything that goes on in the world, you just need something to spice up your life and give it a little kick. I'm not talking about a pumpkin spice latte or some cajun seasoning. I'm thinking more along the lines of a collection of five erotic tales - specifically Wet Paint by Jada Jackson.

The book starts with rugged mechanic Jason's rendezvous in the back of a truck with polished, corporate Anya. After a steamy night, the reader moves onward to Ashley Andrews' attempt to sell insurance to a millionaire artist and ends with becoming the artist's newest canvas. Next, a newly heartbroken man searches for solace in the arms of a recently hired co-worker. Of course, the warmth of her body soothes his old wounds. Two additional stories follow these, but I can't give everything away.

If you haven't guessed already, this book was filled with thrilling, heart-pounding events - and not the horror-related kind. It fulfilled all aspects needed for erotic fiction and even romance at times. It lived up to all of the expectations I had for it. Wet Paint was short, sweet, and kept me grinning and giggling throughout.

There were some negatives to the book, but they were minor in my eyes. In the first story, the author often phrased sentences as Jason did this or that instead of just doing the action. While the actions were different, there was not much sentence variation. In addition, the author often describes individuals throughout the book as a 'black or white woman' or 'black or white man.' This isn't a huge detractor, but I would rather have details of what the character looks like than just a bland descriptor.

All said and done, I have to give the book a solid 4 out of 4 stars. The book was well written and enjoyable. I found a few minor grammatical errors and the negatives I mentioned above were not overbearing in the stories.

I would recommend this to others who enjoy this genre (erotica/romance). That said, if you are not familiar with this genre, you may want to brush up a bit before picking this up. This book is filled with explicit language and actions that may not align with specific views or preferences. In fact, this book even references the BDSM lifestyle at one point. Moreover, all couples in the story are interracial, which may turn away some readers.

Wet Paint
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I have to say, I laughed out loud at your mention of cajun seasoning and pumpkin spice latte, so thank you for that!

This book sounds like a perfect poolside read for lovers of love and erotic fiction. I like that it is broken up into a few short stories, which adds variety. Thanks for your delightful review!
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Short Stories are my absolute favorite reading material, and my hands are already itching to get on this book. I am not one to pass up on a giggle or two, especially now. Thanks for the recommendation.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:

Post by shannonkate8 »

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 18 May 2020, 08:23 I have to say, I laughed out loud at your mention of cajun seasoning and pumpkin spice latte, so thank you for that!

This book sounds like a perfect poolside read for lovers of love and erotic fiction. I like that it is broken up into a few short stories, which adds variety. Thanks for your delightful review!
You're absolutely right! It would be such a good book to bring on vacation and choose a story.
Glad I can provide some humor in my own writing as well! Thanks for the comment.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:

Post by shannonkate8 »

Michelle Fred wrote: 18 May 2020, 17:23 Short Stories are my absolute favorite reading material, and my hands are already itching to get on this book. I am not one to pass up on a giggle or two, especially now. Thanks for the recommendation.
I'm realizing I have a new fondness for short stories as well. They're great for quick reads where I want a 'hit' of some romance or suspense. This book definitely filled in the romance/erotic bit!
danigb1708
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danigb1708.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by danigb1708 »

Just from reading the review I already imagine what's going on in the book. It seems a very good piece of work.
Sheila_Jay
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheila-jay_1438897.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sheila_Jay »

I would like to spice up my life and I think this book will come in handy and considering that its a quick read too, I cant wait to enjoy it. Thanks a lot for the well-written review.
“Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
book_fanatic_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-fanatic.html
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato

Post by book_fanatic_ »

It's been a long time since I read a erotic novel. This one seems to be engaging. It's good that the book is divided into short stories that would provide a variation and fun would be doubled. Thank you for the lovely review!
Latest Review: Wonder by Jon Trovato
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:

Post by shannonkate8 »

danigb1708 wrote: 19 May 2020, 15:33 Just from reading the review I already imagine what's going on in the book. It seems a very good piece of work.
It certainly is a rather straight on book! Definitely an interesting and engaging read.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:

Post by shannonkate8 »

Sheila_Jay wrote: 20 May 2020, 03:19 I would like to spice up my life and I think this book will come in handy and considering that its a quick read too, I cant wait to enjoy it. Thanks a lot for the well-written review.
It certainly will! I quite liked that I was able to read a story and put it down when I wanted.
shannonkate8
Currently Reading:

Post by shannonkate8 »

book_fanatic_ wrote: 21 May 2020, 06:04 It's been a long time since I read a erotic novel. This one seems to be engaging. It's good that the book is divided into short stories that would provide a variation and fun would be doubled. Thank you for the lovely review!
I am definitely a fan of a good erotic romance. That said, some can be a bit much. This one was definitely well done and I would recommend it! Thanks for commenting.
Phelicia Gloria
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phelicia-gloria.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Phelicia Gloria »

Short love stories for me are the best and I would really like to read this one someday, review well written

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”