Review by Jacktone Ogada -- Pivotal Moments

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jacktone Ogada
Currently Reading: A Cobbler's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacktone-ogada.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Review by Jacktone Ogada -- Pivotal Moments

Post by Jacktone Ogada »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Pivotal Moments" by Susanne Birgersdotter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every successful person that we see out there had a humble beginning. The people on the top had begun low. Their journey to success was undoubtedly filled with so many pitfalls, discouragement, and setbacks. The journey to success is like a pivot where one navigates between high points and low points, weaknesses and strengths, and trials and errors in order to reach a point of balance. Susanne Birgersdotter, Scandinavia’s most successful tech entrepreneur, narrates of her entrepreneurial life and all the hardships and traps she passed through in Pivotal Moments. She tells of the challenges she underwent and the things she did that catapulted her from being a school dropout to the most successful businesswoman in Sweden. If you feel everything is going south and not working, this book is the perfect motivation you need.

The book offers encouragement in its own unique way. I am not a businessman, but I found this book relevant and appealing to me. Susanne points out all the potholes one may encounter when climbing the ladder to success. After reading the book, you may also as well avoid the problems or learn how to approach them. Some of the challenges that I noted which hamper breakthrough in any endeavor include wrong friends, family issues, trusting the wrong people, and personal issues such as attitude and the lack of know-how, to list but a few. Other similar books may also have the same sentiments, but this book is so different in that it draws its lessons from real-life encounters and experiences. Nothing is as uplifting as knowing that someone else made it through the same challenges you are facing.

I loved how honest Susanne was while writing the book. You'll probably find numerous books of the same cadre which shout with sentiments like, "the ten strategies I used to become successful" but will never mention any failures and disappointments you may come across. Sussane candidly illustrates her entrepreneurial life and includes all the low moments she had been through. She leaves nothing out, not even the most embarrassing bits. She even goes a step further and adds on how her family and relationship with Peter (her husband) affected her performance in her endeavors. No one will tell you such sensitive information, yet Susanne has for the benefit of the readers of the book. Also, she includes so much information about her life, from childhood to adulthood and how the experiences affected her in her entrepreneurial journey. I strongly suggest the author writes a memoir next time, she's so good at it!

The book is so captivating and difficult to put down. It has a nice flow and it is perfectly written. I loved the bits of inspiration that the author was giving throughout the book. For instance, I learned a number of lessons like, as an entrepreneur, always learn to invest in the best and learn not to trust everybody though give everyone a try. The importance of networking with as many people as possible was also well stricken and Susanne even encourages dressing up elegantly and appropriate to the function so as to draw other people's attention to you and leave a positive and lasting impression about you in their minds.

I was really encouraged when I finally put down the book. It deserves a perfect 4 out of 4 stars for it's encouraging and motivating nature. A shout out too for the author's honesty and captivating way of writing. I personally didn't find any flaw that would make me give it a lower rating. It is professionally edited and contains no explicit scenes. I recommend it to all that need a motivation to go forward when everything is spiraling downwards.

Pivotal Moments
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
:tiphat: Lead by reading :techie-studyinggray:
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

This sounds like a great book for entrepreneurs, to learn from the author's experience.
DBNJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dbnj.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by DBNJ »

I myself learned a lot simply by reading your fantastic review. The book gives lot of learning points not only for an entrepreneur but to anyone who wants to be successful in his/her chosen field. Definitely worth reading this book. Thanks for the well written review! :tiphat:
‘In a world that increasingly obsesses over the gods of power, money, and fame, a writer must remain detached, like a bird on a rail, watching, noting, probing, commenting, but never joining. In short, an outsider.”

-Fredrick Forsyth
Ivona R
Currently Reading: Clean Water for Developing Countries
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivona-r.html
Latest Review: Restore Trust by Werner NEFF

Post by Ivona R »

I think people often ignore the difficult path of successful people and usually only focus on their success. I'm glad you pointed out that the author writes about her difficult points as well. Great review.
Jacktone Ogada

Post by Jacktone Ogada »

Leen282 wrote: 16 May 2020, 02:02 This sounds like a great book for entrepreneurs, to learn from the author's experience.
Sure! Experience is the best teacher, especially if it is someone else's experience.
Thanks for stopping by.
Jacktone Ogada

Post by Jacktone Ogada »

DBNJ wrote: 16 May 2020, 04:39 I myself learned a lot simply by reading your fantastic review. The book gives lot of learning points not only for an entrepreneur but to anyone who wants to be successful in his/her chosen field. Definitely worth reading this book. Thanks for the well written review! :tiphat:
Thank you for the amazing comment. The book is worth a try.
Jacktone Ogada

Post by Jacktone Ogada »

Ivona R wrote: 16 May 2020, 04:43 I think people often ignore the difficult path of successful people and usually only focus on their success. I'm glad you pointed out that the author writes about her difficult points as well. Great review.
Yeah. Not so many authors do so. Thank you for the compliment.
MeganDJ
Currently Reading: Mirrored Worlds
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megandj.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MeganDJ »

Wonderfully written! :D I enjoy self-development books, but often fall victim of reading the same advice in a different book. I suppose it is a way to hit the information home, but it can get tedious and boring. From the sound of your review, it appears that this one has some spice and a little bit more to offer :) Thank you and Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”