Featured Official Review: Fatal Longevity by A.D. Pascal

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Featured Official Review: Fatal Longevity by A.D. Pascal

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fatal Longevity" by A.D. Pascal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

David, a young and ambitious analyst, expected his math and financial training to lead him to a career in finance. Instead, he is hired by a private firm to analyze connections in peculiar events. The newest case involves the perplexing death of a wealthy businessman, Günther Fischer, who was found outside of his opulent villa in Portofino, Italy. When death is labeled as a natural cause, David’s interest is piqued. Despite being in his sixties, Günther was the picture of health, no underlying health issues, which makes the natural cause prognosis so hard to accept. As the analyst delves deeper into the case, new deaths arise; a successful French designer aboard a flight to Singapore, and a man on vacation in Santorini, Greece, have all died of natural causes. Is there a connection amongst the dead, or are they unfortunate coincidences? The deeper David digs, the more perplexed he becomes. There is far more to these deaths than meets the eye, but it’s not what you think. When the truth finally comes out, readers will be in for a chilling surprise.

Fatal Longevity by A.D.Pascal is a thrilling book that combines elements of mystery and science into 277 pages of bone-chilling brilliance. The immersive read was akin to constructing a complicated puzzle; each piece building upon the last, until the very end where you are amazed at how they all fit together. The book is told in the third-person perspective, which I think was quite clever of the author because there were numerous characters involved in the story. Each chapter read like a mini-story until all of the characters were introduced; some characters’ stories ended upon their death, whereas David’s character seemed to be a mainstay throughout.

One of my favorite aspects of the book was the author’s descriptive writing. The story takes place in various geographic locations, and Pascal was well-versed in presenting them to readers. My knowledge of history and geography are mediocre at best, so I was delighted when the author provided a thorough description of how many famous landmarks were conceived. Some of the monuments included The Tower of London, The Palace of Westminister, and a comprehensive history of Ghislieri College in Pavia, Italy. I was astounded by the accuracy of the information that was provided. Upon doing some of my own research, I was delighted to see that all of the facts checked out.

When I first began reading, I felt slightly overwhelmed by the volume of characters that were being introduced. Still, I am glad I ignored the initial hesitancy that I felt. Each character had a vital role within the plot, and the author did a fantastic job of connecting everyone. A few of the characters that really struck a chord with me were, of course, David, who’s sheer determination to uncover the truth never wavered. Even when he received resistance from his boss to leave the case alone, he persevered. Goran’s brilliant mind, and steely gaze, left me feeling both intrigued and uneasy. He continually blurred the lines of right and wrong. Another character who made a lasting impression was Monique, the young scientist who had an insatiable appetite for knowledge.

There was absolutely nothing that I disliked about Fatal Longevity; the story was addictive and consumed my thoughts for the hours and days following my completion. It is obviously written by a seasoned author with a talent for stringing words together. The book was professionally edited and was error-free. I have happily chosen to give the book four out of four stars, but would give it more if I could!

Are you looking for a book that will transport you to locations that are rich in history and architecture? How about a book so intriguing that it will leave such a profound impression on you that you will be thinking about it for days after reading it? If these things appeal to you, don’t miss out on this book! Some mature themes and sexuality may be unsuitable for younger readers.

Fatal Longevity
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

The title of this book intrigued me, and your review has sold me! This sounds like a brilliant book. I will have to check it out. Thanks for a wonderful review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Koltrast
Currently Reading: The Eye of Illumination
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koltrast.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Koltrast »

You have me convinced, I'm adding this book to my want-to-reads. Excellent review!
"Oh, how do you solve a problem like Maria?
How do you hold a moonbeam in your hand?"
- The Sound of Music
Stephanie Elizabeth

MsH2k wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 00:28 The title of this book intrigued me, and your review has sold me! This sounds like a brilliant book. I will have to check it out. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Thank you for your thoughtful comment :)
Stephanie Elizabeth

Koltrast wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 04:50 You have me convinced, I'm adding this book to my want-to-reads. Excellent review!
Thank you; you won't be disappointed!
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Sounds like an interesting read. Breaking everything into pieces and fitting it all in thereby engaging the reader throughout the book is outstanding. Thank you for an honest review!
Rachel_Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Leadership by Craig B. Whelden

Post by Rachel_Emmanuel »

I am yet to read the book but the review has kept me in suspense. This book is top on the list of what i must read.
#RecordBreaker
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an intriguing mystery that also concerns some ground-breaking science. The fact that the characters are well developed adds to its value. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
hasincla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hasincla.html
Latest Review: Fortune Cats with Full Tummies by Dave Hutchinson

Post by hasincla »

Nice! This sounds like a super mystery wrapped in a travelogue, seasoned with great characters. Adding to my to-read list for sure! Thank you for your thorough review.
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

Your review is really interesting.I really want to know what caused all those deaths.I am adding it to my list.
lrosselli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lrosselli.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by lrosselli »

This sounds really interesting. It is always much appreciated when an author takes the time to line up his or her facts. It really does wonders for the story and makes the book better overall. I'm also glad to hear that this author got this book professionally edited. So many good books flop because the author didn't pay the extra money to have their book edited.
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: The Man In the cafe by Michael J Pilkington

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

Brilliant review, as always. With a glowing review such as this, I am curious to see what David uncovers.
Stephanie Elizabeth

Kachi_Ejiogu+_ wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 07:54 Sounds like an interesting read. Breaking everything into pieces and fitting it all in thereby engaging the reader throughout the book is outstanding. Thank you for an honest review!
Thank you!
Stephanie Elizabeth

Michelle Fred wrote: 26 Apr 2020, 16:25 Brilliant review, as always. With a glowing review such as this, I am curious to see what David uncovers.
Thank you for your kind words :)
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

This book sounds right up my street! After reading your review I have downloaded it to my Kindle as I have Kindle unlimited! Thank you so much for the great review xxx
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”