Review by Sydney Lee -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sydney Lee
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-lee.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Review by Sydney Lee -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Sydney Lee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In his book, Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands, Jorge P. Newbery tells us about his early life. He had the drive to work hard since he was a young kid and he was extremely successful. He had entrepreneur skills and was willing to take risks. He eventually built his own estate empire and was making millions. And then, it all changed. When a natural disaster hits, Newbery is suddenly faced with more challenges than he had ever gone up against. Shamed by the community and millions of dollars in debit, Newbery details in his book how he picked himself up and got through his most intense burn zone.

I don’t think there’s one thing I didn’t like about this book. Burn Zones is by far one of the best non-fiction books I’ve ever read. I love how he managed to incorporate his story into this book. He doesn’t just talk about his experiences; rather, he paints a picture in the reader’s mind that is so engaging, the reader won’t want to put the book down.

For this reason, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. Also, not only was the book’s plot flawless, but it was also exceptionally well-edited. I only found a couple minor errors in the whole book, and this fact made reading the book that much more exciting, because it gives the reader a very smooth and easy reading experience. The writing style also aided in the easy reading experience. Not once was I left sitting there wondering, “What was this author trying to say?”

Due to explicit language and some talk of drugs, I wouldn’t have anyone younger than sixteen read this book, but I feel like all adults would love this book. The message is very uplifting and is a message everyone should hear at least once in their lives, especially the adults who feel like giving up. The emotion in the book makes it even more special. I’ve seen emotion in non-fiction books before, but this one is different. I felt like I was with Newbery throughout his entire experience, as the writing is very immersive and relatable.

Burn Zones is an exceptional non-fiction book that details the life of a man who had it all and then had nothing, but never gave up. With near-flawless writing, relatable details, and engaging stories, Jorge P. Newbery’s book has, in my opinion, written one of the best, most inspiring non-fiction books out there.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Zaddy_007
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaddy-007.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zaddy_007 »

Any book that talks about personal experiences of individuals is something I would love to read. Nice review you got. read this and you did justice in your review.
Sydney Lee

Post by Sydney Lee »

Zaddy_007 wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 07:27 Any book that talks about personal experiences of individuals is something I would love to read. Nice review you got. read this and you did justice in your review.
Thank you! I really appreciate that. <3
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Another nice review for the recently (as I see) most reviewed book. Nice work 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Sydney Lee

Post by Sydney Lee »

Sushan wrote: 02 May 2020, 21:58 Another nice review for the recently (as I see) most reviewed book. Nice work 👍👍
Thank you so much! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”