Review by Falconcrest -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Falconcrest -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Falconcrest »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life is a miraculous journey as we are shown through the eyes of the author Jorge P. Newbery. This story begins with a seven-year-old boy, who is very ambitious and has an insatiable appetite to succeed. He begins his illustrious career as a paper-boy and slowly fights his way up the corporate ladder. Coming from a humble background, he is determined, focused and passionately driven to beat any odds and make his mark in the world. Over the years, the young Newbery sharpens his business skills and works several jobs as he saves up for even bigger conquests. Filled with euphemism and always rooting for the underdog, Jorge soon ventures into the music business.

The author included some interesting personal family history in his book, as he weaved some wonderful stories about his ancestors who had partaken in WW1. These wonderful additions to the story gave the book a very firm backbone and a very rich and unique quality. This story also had a lot of historical information on punk rock and explored how law enforcement has evolved. The author's parents had a profound impact on his personality, as he was growing up and were always strong pillars for him throughout his entire life. This was clear as he explored both their backgrounds extensively throughout the book.

I enjoyed the author's unique perspective on the disillusioned teenager who is always trying to find his/her place in society. This really appealed to me, as it brought back memories of my youth, as I was also desperately trying to find where I fit into the crowd. I really enjoyed the themes of growth that the author brought to the centre stage throughout his narration. The themes of growth constantly resonate throughout this story, and the author explored the theme extremely well. Growth never stops throughout our lives, we all are children that eventually become adults and then parents or grandparents. We are always growing emotionally and physically, a mandatory cycle we must all go through all the way to the end of our lives. I additionally loved the books informative literature on how African Americans' civil liberties have come a long way. Although racism still exists, it is nice to know that the world is slowly evolving. Sometimes never at the pace, we may all want it to, but time is our greatest ally and love can change the heart of the savage beast.

I was moved by the author's views on mental illness and I must add that if you have never had a child or someone who has suffered from mental illness. You do not understand how hard and painful it is to see someone you love go through it. This book contains ten chapters that are appropriately accompanied by photos from the author's personal album. There is additionally some interesting information on professional cycling and I also enjoyed learning about Burn Zones. On his way up the corporate ladder, he makes a few risky business decisions that literally shake him to the core. Will he succeed, or will he be ridiculed and shamed? Read the book and find out. I was inspired by the author's views on rampant crime and drug abuse. His insight into dealing with such problems is truly an advanced approach. And I truly believe if properly replicated can be the miracle cure for crime management units that have been looking for solutions in urban municipalities.

This story also contains some wonderful historical facts that reflect on one man's fight against the odds. A classic David and Goliath tale, I also enjoyed the author's insightful views on the media. He carefully brought to light how the media perpetuates African American males as criminals. And how the media glorifies Caucasian male as less likely to commit any crimes at all. The author's writing was flawless as he wrote phrases like ' Don't worry calm down, false imprisonment only happens to African Americans in this country. Burn Zones also includes some useful tips to follow when managing debt, and if you are going through some financial challenges and looking for inspiration? This book is for you. An amazing story that has it all and a worthwhile read, that has very little profanity and is suitable for readers older than twelve years of age. Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery has been awarded 4 out of 4 stars for a story that will appeal to readers of all religions and people from all walks of life. And if you're in the real estate business and looking for some clarity, I strongly recommend you read this book.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

I read several reviews of this book, but yours has a sympathetic tone that made it stand out. Plus, I have discovered new themes that they were not mentioned before. I enjoyed reading your thorough analysis. Thank you!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Wow, the book has a lot going on - just like real life. Your indepth analysis of it is amazing. I like the inspiration and hope the book inspires.

Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

Absolutely awesome review. You have given us the elements in an exceedingly orderly fashion. Thank you .
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

InStoree wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 23:34 I read several reviews of this book, but yours has a sympathetic tone that made it stand out. Plus, I have discovered new themes that they were not mentioned before. I enjoyed reading your thorough analysis. Thank you!
Oh yes, the book is filled with tons of information and I was really inspired by the authors experiences. Thanks for taking the time to read my review and thanks for the awesome comments.
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Cotwani wrote: 08 Apr 2020, 02:29 Wow, the book has a lot going on - just like real life. Your indepth analysis of it is amazing. I like the inspiration and hope the book inspires.

Great review!
Most definitely, it was just like real life. The author really opened up to his audience and shared his personal experiences with us. And I am sure, It will. Thanks for your remarkable comments Cotwani, and thanks for taking the time to read my review.
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Dragonsend wrote: 14 Apr 2020, 16:26 Absolutely awesome review. You have given us the elements in an exceedingly orderly fashion. Thank you .
Thank you very much, I am humbled by your encouraging comments. Receiving such praise from a senior reviewer of high standing like you, means so much to me. Thanks for your generous comments, and thanks again for taking the time to read my review.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

InStoree wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 23:34 I read several reviews of this book, but yours has a sympathetic tone that made it stand out. Plus, I have discovered new themes that they were not mentioned before. I enjoyed reading your thorough analysis. Thank you!
I echo InStoree’s sentiment. I have not read this book, but I, too, have read several reviews. Your analysis of this book is fresh, and it looks like you connected with the author’s writing in many ways. Thanks for a wonderful review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

MsH2k wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 18:21
I echo InStoree’s sentiment. I have not read this book, but I, too, have read several reviews. Your analysis of this book is fresh, and it looks like you connected with the author’s writing in many ways. Thanks for a wonderful review!
Thanks so much for your amazing comments. You are too kind, and your comments are very encouraging. I have been going through a rough time, and it a liberating feeling to be appreciated. And yes I did, connect with the authors writing in so many ways. All in all, It is a great book, thanks again for taking the time to read my review.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Another marvellous review for the recently most reviewed (in my opinion) book. Thanks for the insight 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Oh man, thanks so much for your fantastic comments. And thanks again, for stopping by, I really appreciate your feedback on my review.
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

I read this book sometime back and I really appreciate the fact that reading your review gave me a fresh experience of the same book.
Great review.
Bet on Me! :idea:
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

The writer is a real fighter. I was amazed at how many lessons can be learned from his life. Amazing review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Kanda_theGreat wrote: 24 Apr 2020, 00:22 I read this book sometime back and I really appreciate the fact that reading your review gave me a fresh experience of the same book.
Great review.
I am glad, you enjoyed my review and thanks for your tremendously encouraging words.
Falconcrest

Post by Falconcrest »

Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 01:41 The writer is a real fighter. I was amazed at how many lessons can be learned from his life. Amazing review!
Oh yes, he truly is a fighter and I was inspired by the many obstacles he faced, but still managed to emerge triumphant. Thanks for your kind words and thanks for stopping by.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”