Review by Susmita Biswas -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Susmita Biswas
Currently Reading: Fuzzy Bunny Slippers
Bookshelf Size: 595
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susmita-biswas.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Review by Susmita Biswas -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Susmita Biswas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is a non-fiction novel. It was the Book of the Month once, and the Book of the Day several times on OnlineBookClub. It is the autobiography of the author. Jorge started his writing career with this novel. This novel is an inspiration for everybody. No one can become successful with only academic knowledge. You'll need the determination to become an important person in society, and the biggest proof of that is in this novel.

Jorge is the owner of versatile talents. He is a real estate investor, an athlete, an entrepreneur, and an author. After many persuasions, he achieved a place in society for himself. At this time, he lost everything in a natural disaster. But he never surrendered, rather he defeated every danger. Jorge is an inspiration, and every person should learn something from his story.

It was 1973 when Jorge started to work at the age of 7. He was a newspaper delivery boy. Jorge had insistence on doing something from the beginning. After that, Jorge started his own business from his savings at the age of 11. It was an ice-cream business. He started his first daily job at the age of 13.

Jorge's story had success, love, family, and lots of heart touching quotes. That's why I liked the whole novel. I can't put one thing at the top of my favorites. Every emotion and every characteristic of Jorge has been revealed in this novel. People who want to start their own business would get to know lots of business-oriented stuff from this novel.

There was nothing which I didn't like. Jorge shared some priceless quotes in this novel, which I liked a lot. Jorge was a mature child from the very beginning of his life, and this was expressed in his writing. He was earning money at such an early age when most of the children cry for toys. Jorge also shared some pictures of valuable moments of his life. The story was so good that it turned me into a tiny part of his journey.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't give it a 3 because I liked the novel very much. I had never enjoyed an autobiography at this level. The novel was professionally edited. I have to say that the editing was flawless. I didn't find any profane words. I am highly recommending this novel. Every person should read this novel at least once.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Susmita Roy :techie-studyinggray:
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

I agree with you that academic knowledge and determination is what that makes people successful. I also enjoyed reading the book and awarded it a 4 out of 4 stars. Your review is well-detailed. Thanks.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I reviewed Debt Cleanse and became very agitated with this author's advertising style of writing. I did find his books are information-packed though and some of it may be helpful to others. Good review, especially with the target audience being nailed on the head.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I reviewed the Spanish version of this autobiography and also enjoyed it immensely. It's full of tidbits of wisdom.
It was great to see you share my enthusiasm for this book!
Ronel_Steyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronel-steyn.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Ronel_Steyn »

This definitely sounds like a book I need to read. Thank you for your review.
Susmita Biswas

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Nerea wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 03:58 I agree with you that academic knowledge and determination is what that makes people successful. I also enjoyed reading the book and awarded it a 4 out of 4 stars. Your review is well-detailed. Thanks.
Thanks for your comment.
Susmita Biswas

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Mounce574 wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 13:47 I reviewed Debt Cleanse and became very agitated with this author's advertising style of writing. I did find his books are information-packed though and some of it may be helpful to others. Good review, especially with the target audience being nailed on the head.
Thanks for your comment.
Susmita Biswas

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Lunastella wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 21:34 I reviewed the Spanish version of this autobiography and also enjoyed it immensely. It's full of tidbits of wisdom.
It was great to see you share my enthusiasm for this book!
Thanks for your comment.
Susmita Biswas

Post by Susmita Biswas »

Ronel_Steyn wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 04:44 This definitely sounds like a book I need to read. Thank you for your review.
Thanks for your comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”