Official Review: Creation of Wealth vs Transfer of Wealth...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Official Review: Creation of Wealth vs Transfer of Wealth...

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Creation of Wealth vs Transfer of Wealth (CoW VS ToW)" by Tulsi Tawari.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever thought, why some of the people are rich while some remains poor? Why some nations are rich and powerful while some remains poor and weak? I have thought over this fact, and I had come to the conclusion that you need money to earn money. But Tulsi Tawari, the CEO and Chief Strategist - Alternate Approaches, Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago, has looked into these questions and has come to a different conclusion, and that is portrayed throughout his book, Creation of Wealth vs Transfer of Wealth (CoW VS ToW).

Before giving a summary of this book, I would like to quote the author to let you know why he wrote this book and what he needed the reader to get from his book.
It was the year 1979. I had come to Chicago from Bombay for higher studies. The stark differences that were so obvious between India (the land of emotions) and USA (the land of prosperity) perennially kept me thinking. I was looking for answers to barrage of questions like:

`If a young nation like USA can be so rich with abundant money and prosperity why India with rich heritage was battling for survival?'

`Why in US the family relationships are so unstable despite prosperity while Indians stay bonded to family despite poverty?'

`Can't we have the best of both these countries?'

The quest for answers to such numerous questions led to an even larger question:

"Can't there exist a harmony between economics and emotions?"

This book is the outcome of my extensive search for answers to those questions, possible causes to the pathetic state of affairs in the poor nations and a definitive road map for future.
The book is comprised of 296 pages, which are divided into 21 chapters. These chapters are categorized into 5 sections. Section 1 is about personal identity in the globalized world in terms of creating wealth. It discusses how your identity should be and how it affects the prosperity of the society. Section 2 is about the sanctity of money. Invention of money was the key to the expansion of commerce from the era of bargaining to the current globalized economy. But its earning should contribute to the growth of the society, rather than letting only a few to have prosperous lives. Otherwise, the sanctity of money will be lost, and the nations will not go towards prosperity but poverty. Section 3 mainly discusses two topics. First one is how state level corruption drags a nation towards poverty. Secondly, it discusses how knowledge becomes wealth and the requirement of the nations to invest on increasing knowledge and searching for new knowledge to create wealth. Section 4 shows us how to think like an entrepreneur. If you can think likely and do likely, you will be an earner as well as a job creator. Section 5, the final section, gives the wisdom on applying all the discussed facts for the betterment of the future.

So, this book is all about growing together as a nation by creating wealth, while keeping the moral values and emotional bonds that make us human. No one has to loose wealth for another to gain wealth. No need to depend on sharing wealth. You can create wealth, and that will lead you and your whole nation to prosperity. The era that depended on limited material now belongs to history. Now is the era of knowledge. Knowledge is wealth and it is sustainable. The needed type of individuals for such prosperity are those who emotionally coexist with others or dependent on others, and economically independent, because wealth is not only money, but the non-measurable wealth such as love, freedom, etc. Both are needed for the prosperity of a nation, and this book shows the pathway towards it.

I have to be sincere that this was not an easy read for me. It was quite lengthy for a non-fiction and the economical facts were bit hard to digest. Though the abbreviations were listed at the very beginning of the book, I had to turn the pages back and forth to refer them, because they were numerous and were hard to grasp at one go. The case studies and examples are mostly based on the USA and India, since the author’s background is mainly based on these two countries. It would have been better if he could elaborate on case studies done in other countries as well, since it will give a bigger and a better picture. But you will see that these cons are negligible after the pros that I am going to list below.

The book was organized nicely. There was no repetition of the same thing, and everything was arranged in a logical order. Presenting of the facts starts keeping the individual as the centre and then it is shown how it applies to the big picture, the nation. So it is easy for anyone to understand how he/she should be transformed and how it will affect the nation. Unlikely most of this kind of books, the facts are presented clearly, using bullets and separate sentences where necessary.
The reality is that there exist two kinds of forces in markets and economies at all times:

• one, where individuals grow along with society as whole
• two, where individuals grow at the cost of society

In addition to that, the author has used charts and tables for the better understanding. Important facts are restated to emphasise them. Lengthy details are summarized and separately mentioned occasionally. The author wants to give his message very clearly, and in my opinion he has succeeded in it. All the facts are validated by mentioning the references. And there is an index at the end of the book, so this can be easily used as a material for reference purposes.

Each and every chapter starts with a quote from a celebrity in the business world. It gives away part of the wisdom of those who have succeeded in the business world and also gives an insight of what to be expected from the chapter. The author has used several methods to break the monotonous flow such as, including personal experiences, historical facts, questions to the reader, etc. The book is exceptionally well edited and there were no errors to be found. There is absolutely no profanity and no offense to any religious belief.

Though this review gets lengthier, I am compelled to quote a few nice sentences that I came through while reading.
For anyone to succeed, no one has to fail; for prosperity breeds prosperity!!
We exist, because we coexist!
Money is precious, but all wealth is not mere money!
Considering all the above facts, I would like to rate Creation of Wealth vs Transfer of Wealth (CoW VS ToW) by Tulsi Tawari with 4 out of 4 stars. I would like to recommend this book to all the emerging entrepreneurs, and also for the political leaders of any nation, since this will be a great support to either correct or boost their paths to success.

Creation of Wealth vs Transfer of Wealth (CoW VS ToW)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

I like that he mentioned that knowledge is the foundation for wealth, I hope nations can begin to apply this principle. The title also gripped my attention, "Cow to Tow". This promises a good read!
Oton Emekeme Sunday
Currently Reading: Addicted to His Blood
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: android

Post by Oton Emekeme Sunday »

I must say that I agree with the section 3 of this book, corruption has really caused some nation to remain in poverty. I hope our leaders stick to these advice to make a better nation.
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

Cynthia_Oluchi wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 11:16 I like that he mentioned that knowledge is the foundation for wealth, I hope nations can begin to apply this principle. The title also gripped my attention, "Cow to Tow". This promises a good read!
Yeah, u will definitely like this one if you prefer the subject. Thanks for the feedback 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

Oton Emekeme Sunday wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 12:04 I must say that I agree with the section 3 of this book, corruption has really caused some nation to remain in poverty. I hope our leaders stick to these advice to make a better nation.
Same here in my country as well. Otherwise the world would have been a far more better place. Thanks for stopping by 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

I agree that “knowledge is wealth and it is sustainable,” and despite my own invested interest in entrepreneurial endeavors, the economic aspect of the content would likely be hard for me to easily digest as well. Thanks for this review!
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

Although it’s not for everyone, this semms like a good book that talks about relevant social issues. Thanks for the review!
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
Sushan Ekanayake

AvidBibliophile wrote: 01 Apr 2020, 20:50 I agree that “knowledge is wealth and it is sustainable,” and despite my own invested interest in entrepreneurial endeavors, the economic aspect of the content would likely be hard for me to easily digest as well. Thanks for this review!
Despite the economical part, it is a good recommendation for a usual entrepreneur. Thanks for stopping by 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

Charlyt wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 02:24 Although it’s not for everyone, this semms like a good book that talks about relevant social issues. Thanks for the review!
Yeah, it looks at some need to be discussed social issue. Thanks for commenting 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a good book for anyone who would like to start their own business or get ahead in the business world. I found it interesting that the author mentioned that the family bonds in India were much stronger than in America. Thank you for an informative and interesting review!
praise+anyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-anyi.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by praise+anyi »

Corruption just like cancer, can eat up the finances of a nation and it's people therefore I totally agree with the author. Entrepreneurs have lots of points to pick up from this well established work. I'm loving this book already. Awesome review!
Sushan Ekanayake

Prisallen wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 08:22 This sounds like a good book for anyone who would like to start their own business or get ahead in the business world. I found it interesting that the author mentioned that the family bonds in India were much stronger than in America. Thank you for an informative and interesting review!
Yes, that emotional part is applicable for many Asian countries. Thanks for the feedback 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Sushan Ekanayake

praise+anyi wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 11:52 Corruption just like cancer, can eat up the finances of a nation and it's people therefore I totally agree with the author. Entrepreneurs have lots of points to pick up from this well established work. I'm loving this book already. Awesome review!
Corruption is the major reason for many poor countries being poor. Thanks for stopping by 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

This book sounds very informative. However, I don't think it is for me. Thank you for your thorough review!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Sushan Ekanayake

InStoree wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 06:02 This book sounds very informative. However, I don't think it is for me. Thank you for your thorough review!
Yes, it does not attract a large croud. Thanks for the feedback 👍👍

- Bill Gates -

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”