Review by JoyALB -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JoyALB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyalb.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Review by JoyALB -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by JoyALB »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

“When I raced bicycles, I looked at races as having “burn zones”, which were relatively short periods of extraordinary effort that separated the winners and losers...everyone’s life is full of burn zones, which test the limits of our bodies and minds.”

Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery relays the story of this serial entrepreneur who had a good head for business. Even dropping out of high school at the age of 16, appeared to be a good thing as he could make no mistake in his business endeavors. However, one fateful accident changed everything and left him with almost nothing. Could he overcome this life altering burn zone?

I loved reading this book. It is educational, informative, personal and written with so much simplicity. Jorge P. Newbery clearly made a lot of money and attained great success, but even as he wrote of his experiences, I never got the sense that he was boasting about what he achieved. He also interacted with some famous people during a certain period in his life, but even these stories- though very entertaining to read- are written with a very humble attitude. It also contains some pictures of Jorge as a young boy, of his family, the day he got married, and some other interesting events in his life. I enjoyed reading what Newbery learned from both his successes and failures, what he would have liked to do different and how the final blow affected his life.

Though I have not done half the things he has, nor am I any where near his level, I could relate with his story. After having spent years building great success, in one moment everything came crashing down. I could relate with the distress, the heartache, the worry and pain. I believe many people can. This is the reason why I would recommend the book to anyone. Even if you have never experienced anything like this before, perhaps you could learn and avoid a few things.

The book was clearly professionally edited and this added to the very enjoyable reading experience. I also did not find any profane language.

I happily rate Burn Zones 4 out of 4 stars. It is a fun read with many great life lessons for someone who has seen and experienced much in life. This book is a must read for entrepreneurs and business owners, but I also believe anyone can learn something from it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
bellajavier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajavier.html
Latest Review: Truth Come to Light by Taryn Feldmann

Post by bellajavier »

I loved this book soo much, the author did an amazing job with it 👌🏻 it leaves you in awe. Your review is wonderfully written and every aspect has been derived very precisely!
JoyALB
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyalb.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by JoyALB »

bellajavier wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 05:31 I loved this book soo much, the author did an amazing job with it 👌🏻 it leaves you in awe. Your review is wonderfully written and every aspect has been derived very precisely!
It is indeed an amazing book. Thank you so much for your comment!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”