Official Review: If It Hadn't Happened to Me...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: If It Hadn't Happened to Me...

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "If It Hadn't Happened to Me..." by Vicki L. Julian.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do You believe that strange things happen to people? Have you ever experienced an occurrence that defiled human explanations? If you have experienced anything like that, then you will easily appreciate the collection of experiences documented in If It Hadn't Happened to Me… by Vicki L. Julian. If you have not, then get ready to be amazed by the stories shared by real people in this book.

If It Hadn't Happened to Me… by Vicki L. Julian is a collection of the author’s and other people’s testimonies of strange experiences and encounters. For some, it was a visit from a dead loved one. For others, it was a premonition that something was going to happen which eventually happened. There were also stories about encounters with ghosts and beings from another realm. Vicki L. Julian collected all these testimonies and put them together into this book.

The title of this book was quite catchy and it left me wondering what it was about. As a matter of fact, this was the reason I elected to read and review this book. As the title suggested, most of the events narrated in this book are almost impossible to believe, except you’ve experienced them yourself or you know someone who has. I held my jaw with my mouth agape when I read some testimonies. For instance, one of the encounters had to do with some people seeing a ghost from a camera replay. As I haven’t seen one before, I couldn’t fathom how horrific it must have been for those people. All through the book, there were experiences that I needed to have experienced to believe they did happen.

What I liked most about this book was the author's idea of stating the names of the people that shared these strange experiences. She even went the extra mile to add contact details (email addresses and websites) of some individuals that shared their testimonies. To a large extent, it gave the stories some sort of genuineness and authenticity. Though there were names written in abbreviated forms, it didn’t take away the fact that the author tried to be as credible as possible. I assumed that those individuals wanted anonymity of some sort.

I also did like the arrangement of this book. The 80 stories shared in this book were divided into seven parts. Each part contained stories that are related to a particular phenomenon. I particularly paid the most attention to the “Feeling out of Body” part where stories of near-death experiences were shared. This was of particular interest to me because I have heard people I know share this experience after going through a traumatic incident, usually an accident.

I did not notice any obvious errors in the book. It was well written and professionally edited. This book gets a 4 out of 4 stars rating from me. I recommend it to anyone who is fascinated by strange occurrences. With 80 stories of strange events, they will have their fill of these occurrences.

If It Hadn't Happened to Me...
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

I like to read about strange occurrences and things that science can't explain...sounds like an interesting read. I like the fact that you can actually know the people who had these experiences and get their contact details. It makes it a lot more objective and authentic
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Post by Sam Ibeh »

readerrihana wrote: 07 Feb 2020, 03:19 I like to read about strange occurrences and things that science can't explain...sounds like an interesting read. I like the fact that you can actually know the people who had these experiences and get their contact details. It makes it a lot more objective and authentic
Yes, the objectivity and authenticity makes this book worth reading. Thanks for your comment.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

The kind of stories narrated in this book sound intriguing and captivating. Paranormal occurrences like these also have the potential to be frightening. I am curious about the stories narrated in this book. I will consider reading it. Thanks for the great review.
Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Amy747 »

Omg! Im adding this to my list immediately. This is right down my alley. Im excited to read this one.
That Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Unspoken Things The Inlightenment by Wilfred Thomas

Post by That Reviewer »

Well, I'm not much of a believer in strange occurrences. However, I might have to check this one out because of your interesting review.
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

The authencity is everything! This review makes me want to grab this book right now, and yes, I will. I believe in strange occurrences and I have been having a couple of those recently. So, I think I'll easily relate with this book.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

I wouldn't say I don't believe in paranormal occurrences but I haven't experienced any. Your interesting review makes me want to read it. Thanks for the review.
praise+anyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-anyi.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by praise+anyi »

Our world is an amazing place full of puzzles, and yes I believe that there's a lot more to it than meets the eyes. It will be an intriguing experience hearing from authentic sources how these occurrences happened to them.
Azokamchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azokamchi.html
Latest Review: The Most Unlikely Champion by Vera Koo

Post by Azokamchi »

This is my kind of book from what you have highlighted from your review. I am already looking forward to reading everyone of the 80 outstanding stories. Thanks for pulling me in on this review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”