Review by Kehynde -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kehynde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehynde.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Kehynde -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Kehynde »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zone: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an inspirational tale that follows the life of the author told in an authentic manner. It chronicles the life of the author from a young age through adulthood, describing his career choices and how they shaped his life. At first it looked like it would be a smooth-sailing adventure, especially since his entrepreneurial spirits already kicked in at an early age, and then dropping out of high school, because he was no longer enjoying it, at the tender age of 16 in order to chase his life goals. For a child of his age, he was confident in his abilities to strike gold. Little did he know he was about to start a topsy-turvy journey.

He ventured into the music world, then he tried out cycling, hoping to make it to the big stages.He finally ventured into real estate, a field in which he had zero experience but which he felt was well suited to his abilities. If he thought he had seen the worst of his burn zones in his previous endeavours, he had another thing coming. At first, he started out successful even though he was a novice, rising through the ranks in good time before going through a fall and being 26 million dollars in debt.

The author tells the story in quite a compelling manner, leaving nothing out to ensure that the readers would go on his life journey with him and see how things were as if they were there. It was also inspiring, as we were made to see how the author went through uncharted territories and came out in flying colours, once again proving that anything is achievable when you set your mind to it, and that you don’t need to have everything figured out before you can start taking steps towards greatness. Even when he failed, he didn’t let the situation deter him, despite the odds stacked against him, including the legal battles and unnecessary bureaucracies that would have sent many packing.

Instead, he rose above it all and even used his capacity to help those who were in trouble with their mortgages. The storytelling was brilliant, and it is hard to find a flaw in it. I will give it 4 out of 4 stars because of how easy it was for the author to make me follow his journey, feel for him when he was down and inspired by him when he finally made it. I was also impressed with the way the book effortlessly described his path to glory, mixing family interactions with work, as well as his character development which ensured that at the end, we knew as much as we could about the author. The use of real life images added to the authenticity, which is what these true life stories are all about. It also helped me form a more original picture of the author in my head.

If you are an adult that is just starting his career or are unsure what you really want to do, this is a must read. If you are a child, read it anyway. The kids grow fast these days, don’t they?

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”