Review by Vivianne Nat -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Vivianne Nat -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Van112 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jorge P. Newbery's Burn Zones is a masterpiece and a perfect read whatever point in life you are in right now. Only a handful of people are showered with the determination to succeed and improve in life.  This extraordinary autobiography starts with the story of a young boy at the age of 7 who at an early age found his path, passion, and career. It is so amazing to know that at that point in time he had made up his mind and has ambitions for his life. As he grew up, he made sure he stayed true to his heart and pursued what mattered to him most. He persevered and succeeded with the help of his loving and supportive family. However, life is indeed filled with burn zones which the author described as trials, and in which we should the more take action and push forward. His success was somehow tested by time and life. He experienced downfalls and a lot more than what he had anticipated but I encourage you to hold on and stay with him so you'll know how he made it all well in the end.

Every beautifully written story has an underdog waiting to rise again from the ashes. This book is a rare gem that is worthy to be treasured. The moment I read the sample, I  was immediately hooked and I subscribed right away for the full version. Yes, it is an autobiography however there is so much more to it than just a recall of the author's take on his life and on the things he went through. It is far from the dull and monotonous narration of life and accounts of years that contributed to the rich experience of Mr. Newbery. Not everyone is handed a silver platter in life and this book is a moving and wonderful story perfect for those looking for motivation.

He is very fortunate to have been bestowed the blessing of patience and persistence ever since he was young. My appreciation for this book is endless perhaps because I was personally moved with the author's dedication to his aspirations and dreams and his attitude can't be contested. The fact that the author has a list of his weaknesses and strengths and that he is very much aware of them made him more human is just very relatable. I give another point for the photos and the song lyrics embedded every now and then in the pages for they made it more appealing, amusing and less boring as they have breathed life to it. Readers needed a breather once in a while.

I am going to award this book with 4 out of 4-star rating because it simply deserves to have the highest one. This is a professionally edited book that is engaging and easy to follow. No errors were noticed along the way that could have taken away points or beauty from the story.

I highly recommend this book to everyone who wants an amazing read about life as the author's story is very motivating and inspirational even such at a young age. A lot of things could be learned from it which can be applied to life. I firmly believe that this book is read by many could move thousands of youngsters and adults out there with the aid of proper guidance. It is an engaging read for different readers who love a different take on autobiographies. The optimism and positivity that this book brings can uplift others who need some source of motivation. It is something you can read in one sitting or while you are waiting in line and at a supermarket, on the way home and so on. This is a once in a lifetime book so don't miss the chance to read it.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂
Van112
Currently Reading: How To Fall In Love
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivianne-nat.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Van112 »

AvocaDebo621 wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 21:43 The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂
Oh thank you so much. ❤️
Yes, I agree with you. It's not the step by step guide to success which is something that I also loved about it.
:techie-studyingbrown:

“I don't think all writers are sad, she said. I think it's the other way around- all sad people write.” - Langleav

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”