Review by Queen Books -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Queen Books
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queen-books.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by Queen Books -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Queen Books »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an autobiographical tale of persevering through the hardest parts of life. From an early age, Newbery has committed himself to various jobs, seeing them as his play rather than work. From paperboy to record producer, athlete, real estate expert, and eventually business owner, he has seen his fair share of success and hardship. In this tale of riches-to-rags, Newbery’s motto to keep breathing and push through the burn zones of life makes for an inspirational story from start to finish.

I have only positive thoughts whenever this book comes to mind. Although this is not a book I would typically gravitate toward, Newbery’s relatable narration builds a connection with the reader, sweeping them up into the story and taking them on a journey alongside the writer.

This book is uplifting, inspirational and reminiscent of a typical underdog or coming-of-age story that you can’t help but love. While reading Newbery’s book, I found myself grieving for his losses and rejoicing whenever he found a way to turn life’s bad hands into good ones. His story has pushed me to want to do more, be better, and take myself out of my comfort zone to see just how much I can accomplish in life.

I highly recommend this phenomenal book for anyone who is down on their luck, looking for change, trying to find motivation, or needing a reminder that things will work out if you try hard and stay positive. Truthfully, this book is great for anyone, no matter their age or current life circumstances. Everyone will be able to take away something from reading this book. Among other things, it will help you remember to keep moving forward no matter what life throws at you and that everything happens for a reason. Newbery’s constant search for the message or lesson behind his failures makes you rethink your own mistakes, whether you’ve moved past them or are still haunted by them.

All in all, I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. It was uplifting, inspirational and had a perfect balance of “business-talk” and emotional moments. It put a personal spin on building a career and it was clear that the book has been professionally edited as there were no noticeable mistakes. It’s a book that I could read again and again whenever I’m in need of some motivation.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”