Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A quality that is found in every sportsman is his spirit of not giving up. The count of attempts may increase, but his will to achieve is never lost. During his lessons, a biker is taught not to look back. Applying the same principle in the race called life, Jorge P. Newbery cleared all the hurdles, fulfilled his desires and won the race. Life is full of ups and downs, one time or another there's a win or lose. Also, there is a thin line between taking risks and taking calculative risks. Sometimes, those who hadn't lost any race, taste defeat. The writer's autobiography Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands is a lesson to those who take excessive risks and then falls. How a millionaire lost his everything and then cleared a debt of 26 million dollars, it is a story to tell. How a half age biker beats the champion and how he has maintained his charisma, it is a story to be given credit.

Owning a business at the age of eleven and quitting college at sixteen to follow his passion were some of the bold steps taken by the writer. Living the most of his life and in his way, he developed quite a habit of always winning. Ever supportive parents played a major role in his decisions and made him a bike racer, successful entrepreneur, real-estate investor and of course the author of this book. Risking and succeeding were going fine when an investment became a turning point in his life and put him in debt of millions. The writer was crushed, but he gets over the debt by learning from his own mistakes. Starting fresh is never easy will he be able to leave the past behind and start fresh? Was the debt really because of his own mistakes or a vicious plotting to fail him?

The writer's autobiography has something to teach with every event of his life. This non-fictional book is a great way to learn lessons. It teaches us to have dreams, to fight for them and to accomplish them. The writer shared with us his story to teach us how to deal with the burn zones that we face in our lives. The narration is done by the writer in 10 chapters. The book is written in 377 pages.

I was intrigued just by the fact that the writer started earning at the age of eleven, I mean when I was a kid of eleven, I was worried about what chocolate to eat. Furthermore, I am amazed at how big the amount of the debt was and how fluently he cleared it. I loved his willingness to win the race and his calculative tactics during his cycling career. I liked his relationship with his parents. His respect for them is remarkable. His optimism is the reason he is there where he is, however, it was also the reason for his fall. I am so glad that the writer conveyed his tale that is full of inspiration. There is no reason to hate the book.

The language used in the text is agreeable to convince its readers. This is an absolute work without profanity and eroticism. Although it does have a few grammatical errors, still it is unreasonable to take away the stars. The readers who want to get inspired, who are not happy with the hardships of their lives must read this book. Those who search for adventure will also like this book as the sport is an important element of the book.

The counts of burn zones and their dealing in the writer's life are incredibly cited. I give it 4 out of 4 stars. It is by far the best autobiography that I have read.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

This sounds like a memoir that is both inspirational and fun to read. Thanks for a great review!
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

unamilagra wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 18:45 This sounds like a memoir that is both inspirational and fun to read. Thanks for a great review!
Yes, the writer's life journey is a roller coaster ride. Thanks for the comment!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

I enjoyed the book as well. His 'never give up' philosophy is inspiring!
Purti10
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purti10.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Purti10 »

This sounds like an inspirational memoir.I am also intrigued by the fact that he cleared his $26 million debt by starting afresh. I would like to read this book
Nice review!
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

DC Brown wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 00:36 I enjoyed the book as well. His 'never give up' philosophy is inspiring!
True it is! Thanks for stopping by.
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Purti10 wrote: 29 Feb 2020, 02:00 This sounds like an inspirational memoir.I am also intrigued by the fact that he cleared his $26 million debt by starting afresh. I would like to read this book
Nice review!
His story is a true inspiration. You must read it. Thanks for commenting!
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

AvocaDebo621 wrote: 01 Mar 2020, 21:21 The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂
I think it is one of the reasons why I enjoyed it so much. Thanks for stopping by!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”