Review by Inside about -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Inside about
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inside-about.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Review by Inside about -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Inside about »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'There are no problems, only challenges' is the new mantra that has changed my life thanks to the Burn Zones: Playing Life's Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery which is an autobiography about the author from when he was a seven years old to his adult life. He documents his life as a seven year old paperboy to an ice cream monger selling ice cream to other kids, becoming a bicycle racer then a businessman.

However, disaster strikes in 2004 when a storm damages Woodland Meadows. He loses everything and becomes 26 million in debt, which leaves him with criminal charges and far more humiliation than he could have imagined, but even after losing his wealth, Jorge does not give up. He goes back to the drawing board and faces life head on, making sure to not file for bankruptcy but to earn the money back and pay back with interest.

A “burn zone,” is the portion of a bike race when the winners are separated from the losers. He uses this phrase to describe the moments when people face hardship and troubles but fight to come out on top and unscathed.

The best part of this book for me was the writing style. The author writes with simple easy to understand words and a conversational tone which makes you relate to everything he is going through at the time especially the part where he feels like he doesn't fit in as a child. It really strikes all those emotions and insecurities we all had as kids and teenagers.

He makes sure to explain everything in detail especially all the business terms used. There were no typos or grammatical errors, it's clear that it is professionally edited which of course only helps the narrative become more enjoyable as it flows perfectly from start to finish.

There wasn't anything I disliked about the book, I liked absolutely everything about it from the pacing to the placement of the pictures which made the book more personal and interesting, I looked forward to seeing the pictures after every chapter.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 It lacked any errors and was well written. I recommend it to everyone but children due to the use of the f word, also to anyone who loves to read memoirs and anyone interesting in business or entrepreneurship. This book is also short and easy to read and would be good for anyone who loves to read short novels.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”