Official Review: 5 Steps to Lasting Love

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: 5 Steps to Lasting Love

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "5 Steps to Lasting Love" by Ann Marie Taylor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

5 Steps to Lasting Love by Ann Marie Taylor is a guide that informs readers about how to sustain relationships. The author offers plenty of information regarding how a person can cultivate his/her relationship with his/her spouse to create an environment of love, peace, and happiness. The author writes in a direct, informal style, engaging the reader in the book.

The writer begins by outlining some behaviors that can rekindle the flame of love in a relationship. The author writes about the significance of giving attention to one’s spouse, as this shows interest and love. Also, affection is very important, as a lack of affection turns a relationship cold, creating a vast chasm that is hard to bridge. The writer also explores the importance of positivity, as being positive helps the relationship to grow and increase. The author lays out some suggestions, indicating that it is wrong to criticize, so a person should present their complaints in a kind and polite manner. Lastly, some case studies of people that went through problems in their relationships are presented in the book, indicating how the author counseled the couples, bringing them close together again.

There were plenty of positive characteristics in this non-fictional guide. More specifically, the author writes in a clear, coherent, and logical way, structuring the book in a way that helps the reader understand her chain of reasoning. The quotes in the book are also inspiring and motivating, adding value and creativity to it. Moreover, the book has been professionally edited, as I only encountered two errors in the entire book. What I liked most in the guide was that the author attached external sources that the reader can further read if he/she is interested in the topic.

What I disliked most about the book was that it was monotonous and boring in some cases, due to the author’s repetitiveness. To improve, the author must add more tension and drama in the text to engage the reader more.

This book is best suited for readers that enjoy guides about romantic relationships. Readers who have no background in human psychology may find this book boring and too complicated. The book is suited for all major religions, including non-religion.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give the book a perfect rating, due to its repetitive character. However, a lower rating would have been unfair, as the author has created a well-structured guide that is expertly written and professionally edited.

5 Steps to Lasting Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Interesting that I have found a lot of relationship guides to be extremely repetitive and droll. I think being mindful of how actions and words affect people in different ways. After 4 crushing relationships in 20 years, I haven't ever found a book that says different. I think your review was thorough and the external links would definitely be worth exploring.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
xoxoAnushka
Favorite Book: "Better dead than divorced"
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xoxoanushka.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by xoxoAnushka »

A nonfiction guide to romantic relationships sounds fun to read. Nice review!
Amy747
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy747.html
Latest Review: Real Secrets Of Life by Krishna Jagarnath

Post by Amy747 »

Thanks for your review. Although i have been unlucky in love alot, I think I will steer clear of this one due to its monotonous nature.
Irene_A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-a.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Irene_A »

The title of the the book caught my attention. I would give it a read based on the case studies presented in the book. Thanks for the review.
Ogoskino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogoskino.html
Latest Review: adventured of columbus daniel by Columbus daniel

Post by Ogoskino »

I think the importance of this book in modern times cannot be overemphasized. It serves as a guide in learning to keep healthy and lasting relationships.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”