Review by xoxoAnushka -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
xoxoAnushka
Favorite Book: "Better dead than divorced"
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xoxoanushka.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Review by xoxoAnushka -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by xoxoAnushka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones is an autobiographical account of Jorge P Newbery, which focuses on his perception of life. Through hard work and persistence, he stepped into various burn zones, encountered lifelong challenges, remodelled his business career, built a real-estate empire of over 4,000 apartments across the United States, found success; and then BAM! One wrong step—that gutted him to $26 million in debt. What was the primary cause, and how will he overcome this biggest obstacle, that made him maligned, financially constrained and publicly shamed? Expect grit, determination, racism, struggles and burn zones.

Newbery has never been scared to take on the hardest challenges. During the juvenile period of his life, he envisioned himself to make money, and to turn his visions into reality. He started working as a newspaper delivery boy, created his first business at eleven, entered into his "Punk era"(managing record company, shows, and stage), became a bike racer, and then a real-estate mogul. Everything that follows, including support from his family, and professional highs and lows provides a colorful journey of his memorable experiences.

His crisp-speech is as straight as its vision, defining its comprehensiveness and uncomplicated version. It crafts the bliss of reading, and the delight of watching a flashback of bittersweet memories. The tension is palpable, which not only heightens the drama, but also add it to the refreshingly inspirational life story, as well as gaining 4 out of 4 stars from me.

Burn zones, as described by the author, are "short periods of extraordinary effort that separated the winners and losers." What I liked most is that he remains focused, disciplined and relaxed in a burn zone. He used his "frequent losses as opportunities to reflect to improve as an athlete and as a person." The author excels in describing his sentimental predicament in the "Anti-Black Racism", where African Americans were portrayed as criminals. Many details of this book are loosely linked with each other, vehemently proved his never-dying spirit to hunt new challenges and to discover real-life lessons. As he says: "I needed to prove I could excel at something and, once I did, I lost interest and needed a new challenge."

I'd recommend this book to optimistic entrepreneurs, and to those who are having a hard time. It is edited professionally. It has non-borderline profanity. Intriguing, educating, engaging—it celebrates the sheer and strong mentality to thrash over the hurdles, and to test our endurance capability.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

I'm currently reading this book and, like you, am enjoying it quite a lot! I think it has a lot of great advice to offer, plus the author seems to have a multifaceted personality - which I find very interesting. Thank you for your nice review, as always! :)
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
xoxoAnushka
Currently Reading:

Post by xoxoAnushka »

espo wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 16:58 I'm currently reading this book and, like you, am enjoying it quite a lot! I think it has a lot of great advice to offer, plus the author seems to have a multifaceted personality - which I find very interesting. Thank you for your nice review, as always! :)
Ohh espo! Thank you, I'll be waiting for your review!
Bles
Currently Reading: Dance of Dreams
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bles.html
Latest Review: Nettie Boo by Judy Adams Brown

Post by Bles »

I'm currently reading this book and just like you, I'm finding this book so inspirational and unique in its own way.
Books are beautiful.
xoxoAnushka
Currently Reading:

Post by xoxoAnushka »

Bles wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 03:28 I'm currently reading this book and just like you, I'm finding this book so inspirational and unique in its own way.
Thank you for taking your time to leave a comment. Yes, This book has a vision to make it distinctive in its own way.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Quite inspirational story of the journey of a newspaper delivery boy to a real estate tycoon is really worth reading. Hope to read this book soon. Thanks for your nice review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I'll be so interested in how to manage debt as highlighted by this book. Thanks for the enjoyable review.
xoxoAnushka
Currently Reading:

Post by xoxoAnushka »

sanjus wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 05:29 Quite inspirational story of the journey of a newspaper delivery boy to a real estate tycoon is really worth reading. Hope to read this book soon. Thanks for your nice review.
Thank you for checking this out.
xoxoAnushka
Currently Reading:

Post by xoxoAnushka »

Wyland wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 06:10 I'll be so interested in how to manage debt as highlighted by this book. Thanks for the enjoyable review.
You should also check out his other books, mostly books are covered with debt-like issues. Thanks for reading this.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I cannot even fathom a debt of $26 million! The mental strength and the endurance to overcome hurdles would be key to facing such a loss. I enjoyed your interesting comments about the author's spirit and hunt for new challenges. Great writing!
TopaAzul062
Favorite Book: Cartouches, Field Guide and Identification Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
Latest Review: Basic Training for the Self-Publishing Battlefields by Lewis Kempfer

Post by TopaAzul062 »

I like how the author doesn't sugar coat information; everything is stated as is. I was floored with his income trail especially nowadays where it seems a bit difficult to get off the ground at a young age. Even in youth, he had a mature mindset and knew what he wanted and how to go get it.

The real-estate debacle was a mess in itself but he did what he could to make it work. Loved exploring his journey forward and pretty much filled in the details for Debt Cleanse; which I read first and quite fast. I've enjoyed the book as well as your review.
xoxoAnushka
Currently Reading:

Post by xoxoAnushka »

kdstrack wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 17:50 I cannot even fathom a debt of $26 million! The mental strength and the endurance to overcome hurdles would be key to facing such a loss. I enjoyed your interesting comments about the author's spirit and hunt for new challenges. Great writing!
I do love your comment very much. Thank you so much for reading this. Bye!
xoxoAnushka
Currently Reading:

Post by xoxoAnushka »

TopaAzul062 wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 18:27 I like how the author doesn't sugar coat information; everything is stated as is. I was floored with his income trail especially nowadays where it seems a bit difficult to get off the ground at a young age. Even in youth, he had a mature mindset and knew what he wanted and how to go get it.

The real-estate debacle was a mess in itself but he did what he could to make it work. Loved exploring his journey forward and pretty much filled in the details for Debt Cleanse; which I read first and quite fast. I've enjoyed the book as well as your review.
Thanks for checking out this review.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It really is an art to be able to learn from losses and not get buried by them. It sounds like the author mastered this art. Thank you for a great review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Sudden fall after a great experience of success can be frustrating. I would like to know how the author overcame the obstacle. I will read the book. Thanks for your amazing review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”