Review by Shabram22 -- The Biblical Clock

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shabram22.html
Latest Review: Breaking the Chain by Patricia Rossi

Review by Shabram22 -- The Biblical Clock

Post by Shabram22 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Is the earth 13.8 billion years old or is it only about 6,000 years old? Do you believe scientific evidence or what the Bible says about the creation of the earth? The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon, answers these questions and many more. This book brings reconciliation between science and the Bible and also shows us that by understanding the origins of creation we can make predictions of what the future holds.

The author became interested in this subject when he was growing up in a religious based home and studying science in high school. He was fascinated with both subjects, yet they seemed to contradict each other. Later, as he studied at university, he began to think that science answers everything. But as more questions arose, he went back to study religion. Going back and forth, he started to find answers to science through religion and answers to religion through science. What he learned is truly astonishing.

The author focuses solely on Jewish writings and tradition as the religious point of view. The resources used are: a mystical study called Kabbalah, the Talmud and other writings, such as the Zohar to give the religious explanation of the creation.

I was amazed at what I learned from this book. It is obvious that the author put in years of hard work into this book. All chapters are non-fiction with the exception of one chapter, where he tries to look into the future and predict what he thinks the End Times will look like. In the beginning, he gives an outline of all the chapters and what they will be about, so that the reader can understand where they are in history and know what will come next. This was really helpful, because each chapter talked about different people and had a completely different story to tell. He made the book fun to read by not simply stating facts but actually writing in a story form, which is something I really liked. The author also provided images, which were also very helpful.

The thing I liked the least was the authors prediction of the End Times. Call me old-fashioned but, as he wrote that it is forbidden in Jewish tradition to try to pinpoint the exact time of the End Times, I felt that the story-like prediction wasn't necessary. Most likely, things will happen in a completely different way then ANYONE has ever predicted, so writing out a scenario, that will most likely not happen, makes readers believe that that's how it will be. I wish he would have just stuck to prophecies and simply stated facts of what is known should happen.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4. It was very interesting to learn how scientific evidence and religion can actually coincide. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in science and in the Bible. My only suggestion would be to read this book slowly, one chapter at a time, and allow some time to process the information for a day or two before continuing, as it might become confusing if the previous information hadn't settled in yet. This book was well edited as I did not notice too many errors.

The Biblical Clock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Vertigomen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vertigomen »

I agree with your opinion that this book fun to read by not simply stating facts, but actually writing in a story form, which is something I really liked. Great review!
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

Vertigomen wrote: 04 Feb 2020, 02:38 I agree with your opinion that this book fun to read by not simply stating facts, but actually writing in a story form, which is something I really liked. Great review!
Thank you for stopping by and commenting!
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

The Bible vaguely mentions the age of the earth and leaves it for scientists to figure out or estimate the earths age. This book sounds appealing. I might read the book. Thank you for your review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

This book sounds really interesting, especially since the author goes back and forth between religion and science, assigning to both a lot of importance. Thank you for a beautifully written review!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

Nerea wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 11:16 The Bible vaguely mentions the age of the earth and leaves it for scientists to figure out or estimate the earths age. This book sounds appealing. I might read the book. Thank you for your review.
Thank you for your comment!
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

espo wrote: 05 Feb 2020, 12:18 This book sounds really interesting, especially since the author goes back and forth between religion and science, assigning to both a lot of importance. Thank you for a beautifully written review!
Thanks for your comment!
Julius_
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Roger Glasgow
Favorite Book: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: Pay It Forward by Frankie B. Rabbit
fav_author_id: 187887

Post by Julius_ »

I've also read and reviewed this book. It's great to learn that you liked it just as much as I did. I agree with you on the author's opinions on predicting end times. Thanks for the review.
We're all philosophers. When there's a tough choice to be made, when faced with the facts of birth,love or death or simply when thinking about what we want to do with our lives.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

Julius_ wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 06:11 I've also read and reviewed this book. It's great to learn that you liked it just as much as I did. I agree with you on the author's opinions on predicting end times. Thanks for the review.
mary-annef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-annef.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by mary-annef »

Thanks for a great review, it's not a subject that interests me personally but I have a good friend about to study theology. As an engineer he will really enjoy this I think.
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

mary-annef wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 13:47 Thanks for a great review, it's not a subject that interests me personally but I have a good friend about to study theology. As an engineer he will really enjoy this I think.
Thank you for stopping by and commenting.
unamilagra
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

It sounds like this book provides a great deal to think about for someone interested in how science and religion could coincide. Thanks for a very well-thought-out review!
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I like that the book is written in story form. That will undoubtedly help with comprehension. But, like you, I am dubious of whether anyone can actually answer the questions being asked here, much less predict the End Times. I enjoyed reading your insightful review!
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

unamilagra wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 19:52 It sounds like this book provides a great deal to think about for someone interested in how science and religion could coincide. Thanks for a very well-thought-out review!
Shabram22
Currently Reading:

Post by Shabram22 »

Kelyn wrote: 08 Feb 2020, 21:07 I like that the book is written in story form. That will undoubtedly help with comprehension. But, like you, I am dubious of whether anyone can actually answer the questions being asked here, much less predict the End Times. I enjoyed reading your insightful review!
Thank you for stopping by and commenting!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”