Official Review: New ERA NAZRA Quran

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: New ERA NAZRA Quran

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "New ERA NAZRA Quran" by Dr. Syed Mohammad Khairulbashar, PhD, (Education)..]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

New ERA NAZRA Quran by Dr. Syed Mohammad Khairulbashar, PhD, (Education) is a transliteration of the Quran that helps a Muslim recite the Quran in Arabic. The author acknowledges that many Muslims globally do not have advanced Arabic skills, therefore they find pronouncing the Arabic words in the Quran difficult. The author writes this book to solve this problem, as he offers Muslims a new easy way of Arabic pronunciation.

The author begins the book by introducing his method of Arabic pronunciation. He codes the text in the Quran using color, indicating sounds that are not pronounced, as well as sounds that are pronounced. The writer includes all the thirty characters in the Arabic character in his book, indicating which letters affect other letters and which letters are non-effective in Arabic words. In this way, a Muslim that finds Arabic pronunciation difficult can recite the Quran in his/her prayers with no problems.

There were some positive characteristics in this book. More specifically, the explanation offered by the author was clear and concise, engaging the reader and helping him/her understand the lesson taught by the writer. Moreover, the book followed a logical, coherent, and rational flow, as the writer employed a clear structure to assist the reader in understanding the meaning of the book. The book was also exceptionally edited, as I only noticed a single error. Moreover, what I liked most in this book was that the writer left a page for the reader to write his/her notes. Therefore, the book becomes more personal for the reader, as he/she can use it to write information he/she learns from other sources as well.

Nonetheless, the book also contained a few negative attributes. More analytically, what I disliked most in the book was that it was boring and repetitive in some cases, as the author included details that do not engage the reader.

This book is best suited to Muslim readers who do not have an expert knowledge of Arabic and need help in Arabic pronunciation. Non-Muslims and atheists will find this book boring and offensive, as the book focuses on the Quran and the Muslim religion.

In conclusion, I rate this book with 3 out of 4 stars. I did not give this book a perfect rating, as it was boring and monotonous in some parts. However, a lower rating would have been unfair, as the writer has compiled a successful and clear guide that serves its purpose.

New ERA NAZRA Quran
View: on Bookshelves
MaShasha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mashasha.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by MaShasha »

I think this book will be helpful to Muslims in understanding and pronouncing Arabic. I would not pick it because it's repetitive and contains information I have no interest in.
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

This sounds like a very helpful and useful book for those who are Muslim or even for non-Muslims who want to study the Quran for other purposes. Thanks for your review!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

While I am not a Muslim, I applaud you for tackling this one, repetitive content and all. If I recall correctly from the synopsis, it was quite lengthy.
readerrihana
Currently Reading: Cute tooth decay
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerrihana.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by readerrihana »

Thanks for the review...it was unbiased and I think you tried your best to give a balanced review, but I guess you would find it boring and repetitive if you were not interested in learning Quran and not of the Muslim religion, but it's good that you took the time to review it
khaulah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaulah.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by khaulah »

I have difficulty with reading quran in arabic, especially pronunciation of some letters, this book sounds helpful. Thank you for your review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”