Review by Perfect_101 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Perfect_101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-perfect-101.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Review by Perfect_101 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Perfect_101 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel is an unforgettable tale that masterfully chronicles the author’s journey with three of his best mates to exotic destinations, intertwined with typical joys and various trials of life that include love and heartbreak, success and failure and fulfillment and emptiness.

Eytan Uliel does a great job of giving readers his life journey from college, to getting his first job, change of his career, finding his soulmate and making his college dream come true.

I most especially loved the brotherhood that existed between the four men. The characters and missions in every chapter portrayed more than just the manly pursuits of adventure, as their experiences reflected an innate desire for identifying oneself by soul searching and securing connections and accomplishments. Their pressures and life struggles as narrated by the author are similar to what the decent men of today’s society face.

I loved how the author narrates his inner battles. On the outside he was the perfect guy, he looked successful and seemed to be in a perfect, warm and loving marriage. However, ironically cracks had grown between him and his wife and behind the closed doors of their bedroom, things were very different. On the other hand, deep within, he was a man fearful of his duties and responsibilities, scared of failing and ashamed of his weaknesses. The inner feeling of being dissatisfied deeply disturbed him. He had to sacrifice in the name of his family which wasn’t that easy.

In most of the chapters in the book I found them to be easily relatable. The author’s experiences would powerfully be resonated with most readers. It would also motivate readers to picture themselves in the lives of each character in order to be able to get a better understanding of pain, fear, greed, and regret. This includes the fear of being laid off from work especially if you are the sole breadwinner of the family, not being able to express your deeper feelings and struggles to anyone because of the fear of being judged and going through a great promising marriage to a marriage that is full of rocks and thorns.

Eytan Uliel made the story resonate with complex emotions and themes. His writing was so descriptive that I felt like I knew the author in that, during his intense sufferings, I just felt like hugging him tight and assure him all will be well.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because the book is professionally edited with no grammatical errors. I loved everything about the book from the travels, quotes, antics and the characters who were very relatable and authentic. I found myself laughing at them, cried with them in their sorrows and teared up at their most touching moments. This is because the author is clearly a skilled raconteur, he is light-hearted, heartfelt, endearing and most of all funny.

This book also deserves 4 stars because the epic journey to different continents were well written and thought-provoking. I loved how descriptive and very detailed the places were. I could almost get a clear picture of those places they visited and even smell the air in the beautiful and amazing settings. All these make Man Mission a thoroughly enjoyable read.

I would recommend this book to both male and female readers because it perfectly explains the stresses that are evident in a man’s world. I would also recommend this book to people who enjoy traveling, backpackers and readers who generally enjoy real-life experiences and love to delve into human nature.

Man Mission by Eytan Uliel was humorous, adventures and fantastic to read. I am looking forward to reading more books from this author.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”