Review by Neha++ -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Neha++
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: The Billionaires’ Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neha.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Review by Neha++ -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Neha++ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Traveling around the world is my dream. Is it yours too? Be ready to grab Man Mission by Eytan Uliel. It will take you on alluring, manly, adventurous and breathtaking journeys of four friends, across exotic locations around the world. The author has written the book from the main protagonist's perspective.

Sam, Daniel, Alec and the main character are four friends studying in the same university. One day, Sam and the main character went to the food fair on the campus. While talking with Sam, the main character reveals his crazy idea of going on an annual vacation each year to a different exotic location. Sam was instantly interested in this idea. Three years later, after passing out from university, all four were engaged in their jobs. Wilderness-foodie adventures of the main character with Sam had long forgotten until Sam remind him. They decided to go on their first adventure to New Zealand. Just like that, Man Mission was born. They both became founders of Man Mission. Soon Daniel and Alec joined them. It became their tradition to go on Man Mission once a year without fail for 15 years. They formed some crazy rules that everyone has to follow. Each year, a new location, new adventures, meeting new people, they collected many memories. Along the way, they all got married, started a family handling the ups and downs in life.

I found it interesting that the author has placed some illustrative maps giving a short glance of their journeys. At the end of each chapter, their journey has summarised under vital statistics. There was an interchange in the past and present life, but I never felt lost while reading. I came across many interesting and fascinating facts of different countries like the Kava ceremony in Fiji. This book covers many aspects of a man's emotions and life. The humorous and the serious conversations between friends felt real and I quickly became connected with them. It was hard to put down the book once I started reading it. The plot not only focuses on the adventures of friends but also on their personal and professional lives, which makes it more intriguing.

I loved the way the author has described the emotions of the characters. There were many emotional ups and downs throughout the book. Everyone had their perspective to handle the problems, overcome them and learn from them. I became emotionally connected with all the characters of this book. Throughout the book, the author has not mentioned the name of the main character, but it didn't hinder me from enjoying the book. The book is professionally well-edited and exceptionally flawless. Although there is a use of profane language, it only felt natural.

I am glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There was nothing in this book that I disliked. The author will take you for hiking in New Zealand, kayaking in Australia, cycling in Japan, etc.with fascinating descriptions. If you like to read about travel and friendship, then this book is definitely for you. I will recommend this book to readers of an age group 20 years old and above. Do read this book to learn more about adventures, countries and people this group encounters along the way.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”