Official Review: F*ck Sales Let's Talk by Anthony Robert

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Official Review: F*ck Sales Let's Talk by Anthony Robert

Post by Tomah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "F*ck Sales Let's Talk" by Anthony Robert.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It’s not hard to summarize Anthony Robert’s F*ck Sales Let’s Talk from the title alone: a no-nonsense guide to sales with an irreverent sense of humor, not mincing words in the slightest. The book aims to be “informative so you know you can actually benefit and entertaining so you’ll read the damn thing.” In my opinion, it succeeds on both fronts.

The book is divided into short chapters, each spanning one or two pages on average. The lessons are meant to be short and to the point, wasting no time on sophisticated theory or robust frameworks. A consistent message throughout the book is that selling might not be easy, but it’s not rocket science: as long as one follows a few common-sense guidelines and works hard, success will come.

As any reader is made immediately aware, the book thrives on humor. With amusing quips like “This isn’t the Looney Tunes and no one is going to reach through the phone and slap the sh*t out of you for calling them” also come plenty of profanities. This is a refreshing change of pace from the usual business book, but if you have a problem with highly informal language, it might be better to avoid the title.

Pragmatism dictates the author’s approach to sales. His advice is direct and practical, and he offers scripts and templates for prospecting, appointment calls, emails, and all sorts of situations. One minor downside is that, as a result, the tips are rather basic and might not benefit seasoned professionals and beginners who need extra help. For example, while the book provides useful advice on how to read people, it might not be enough for readers who struggle with this topic. Since there are entire books written on this and other subjects, the author could have at least recommended materials for further reading.

Sadly, there are more than ten instances of missing punctuation as well as misspelled and missing words. There are also many questionable omissions of commas that make for awkward sentences: “I find myself hitting my goal which is sales tenacity paying off.”

Since we’re talking about the negatives, I’ll also point out that the book can feel rather disorganized, especially towards the end. Rather than being divided into topics and subtopics, all of the chapters lie right next to one another. This is troublesome because there are about ninety chapters in total, and it’s hard to navigate through them like this. Also, the chapters towards the end feel disjointed and repetitive.

Despite the poor editing and the organizational issues, F*ck Sales Let’s Talk remains an excellent resource for salespeople. I rate it 3 out of 4 stars and recommend it if you’re new to sales; men in their twenties and thirties should find the language particularly appealing. For obvious reasons, I don’t recommend it to young audiences.

F*ck Sales Let's Talk
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Rayasaurus
Currently Reading: A Witch in Time Saves Nine
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayasaurus.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Rayasaurus »

Although I'm not a salesperson, I think this book would be entertaining enough to be worth the read! Thank you for the well-written review.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

I don't think this book is for me since I have no connection to sales, but it sounds like a nice read for beginners interested in the topic. Thanks for the great review!
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Language isn't a problem with me, so I would love to read this one! I have added it to my Bookshelves. I am in school for business, but sometimes a textbook just isn't enough. I think that I would benefit from the tips given in this one.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Kanda_theGreat
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanda-thegreat.html
Latest Review: Born To Survive by Kylie-Anne Evans

Post by Kanda_theGreat »

My disdain for profanity has many at times been labelled as puritan, but I'll stand my ground and therefore skip this book.
Thank you for the review.
Bet on Me! :idea:
Irene_A
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irene-a.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben

Post by Irene_A »

I do like a straight to the point business type book but if it's lacking extra guidance for a beginner like me, it would not be my first choice of read in that arena. Thanks for the review.
Tomah
Currently Reading:

Post by Tomah »

rumik wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 21:57 I don't think this book is for me since I have no connection to sales, but it sounds like a nice read for beginners interested in the topic. Thanks for the great review!
Katie Canedy wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 00:09 Language isn't a problem with me, so I would love to read this one! I have added it to my Bookshelves. I am in school for business, but sometimes a textbook just isn't enough. I think that I would benefit from the tips given in this one.
Kanda_theGreat wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 04:01 My disdain for profanity has many at times been labelled as puritan, but I'll stand my ground and therefore skip this book.
Thank you for the review.
Irene_A wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 11:18 I do like a straight to the point business type book but if it's lacking extra guidance for a beginner like me, it would not be my first choice of read in that arena. Thanks for the review.
Rayasaurus wrote: 10 Jan 2020, 17:08 Although I'm not a salesperson, I think this book would be entertaining enough to be worth the read! Thank you for the well-written review.
It's definitely an entertaining read, even if you're not that interested in sales. Thanks for the comments!
unamilagra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unamilagra.html
Latest Review: Powerballs by Jimmy Clifton
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by unamilagra »

It sounds like with a little organization, this book could be a handy guide for someone looking for a primer on sales. I like that the tone is not as dry as most books of this type. Great review!
Tomah
Currently Reading:

Post by Tomah »

unamilagra wrote: 11 Jan 2020, 14:58 It sounds like with a little organization, this book could be a handy guide for someone looking for a primer on sales. I like that the tone is not as dry as most books of this type. Great review!
Indeed, the tone definitely makes this title stand out among sales books. Thanks for the comment!
Wyland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wyland.html
Latest Review: The Cult Next Door by Elizabeth R. Burchard, Judith L. Carlone

Post by Wyland »

I think Ii like the book from the author's tone. Probably the only reason I am going to read a book on sales right now. Thanks for the great review.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

A correct guide to sales with an irreverent sense of humor can be found in the book "F*ck Sales Let's Talk" by Anthony Robert. It is nice thing to get valuable tips as well as entertainment at same time. Thanks for your honest review.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Tomah
Currently Reading:

Post by Tomah »

Wyland wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 14:19 I think Ii like the book from the author's tone. Probably the only reason I am going to read a book on sales right now. Thanks for the great review.
sanjus wrote: 12 Jan 2020, 23:56 A correct guide to sales with an irreverent sense of humor can be found in the book "F*ck Sales Let's Talk" by Anthony Robert. It is nice thing to get valuable tips as well as entertainment at same time. Thanks for your honest review.
It's definitely an informative and entertaining read. Thanks for the comments!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This certainly is a different kind of self-help book. You rarely see this much profanity in this genre. It sounds interesting but is not something I need to read about. Thank you for a well-written and informative review!
Tomah
Currently Reading:

Post by Tomah »

Prisallen wrote: 13 Jan 2020, 15:14 This certainly is a different kind of self-help book. You rarely see this much profanity in this genre. It sounds interesting but is not something I need to read about. Thank you for a well-written and informative review!
It's certainly a unique read. Thanks for the comment!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”