Have You Watched Lucifer On Netflix Yet?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
katherine143
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Have You Watched Lucifer On Netflix Yet?

Post by katherine143 »

Yes I have watched this show. As soon as I started watching, I was HOOKED. Im not usually someone who enjoys sitting for long periods of time to watch a show, but I couldn't help it! I blew through the available seasons and was left anxiously awaiting the ones to come. Its comedic with a nice sprinkle of action, and certainly contains its fair share of romance between Lucifer and Detective Chloe. It does however get a little repetitive at times, but what show doesn't. I would give this show an 9/10 on my must see list. :)
Chirlerona
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chirlerona.html
Latest Review: Dynomike: What's Heartfulness? by Frankie B. Rabbit

Post by Chirlerona »

I have only watched Season 4 as it is the only season vailable on Netflix at the moment. I enjoyed it, but some storylines are too cheesy for me and sometimes acting is not convincing😉 Waiting for Season 5 to be released to see if it is any better!
mlynnaxtell

Post by mlynnaxtell »

ABSOLUTELY Love watching Lucifer & trust me I was a bit skeptical due to the reference of his name. However I became hooked and the acting is impeccable. Love me some Lucifer & his loyal demon ( no spoiler alerts here).
T4SN33M

Post by T4SN33M »

I'm currently watching Season 3 & feel the story is quite captivating. It's basically a supernatural rom-com with a charming but self-absorbed titular lead and some lovable characters. Enjoying so far. I hope season 5 comes out soon :P
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

vivalatianne wrote: 29 May 2019, 13:40 Not yet. Should I watch it?
You definitely should. It's such a different take on the story we've been told almost our entire life it's almost blasphemous. It kinda gets cheesy and righteous at some parts but that's evened out by Lucifer's irreverence and the utter ridiculousness of how the story pans out. That being said, it's touching and downright heartbreaking in some instances and watching it won't hurt.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

It’s the kind of show I watched but I won’t ever rewatch it probably. It was entertaining but it’s not really my kind of show. Wasn’t a bad watch though!
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

No; I am not really into that show to be honest...
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
anitamills293
Currently Reading: My Trip To Adele
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anitamills293.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by anitamills293 »

I'm waiting for Lucifer 5!
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

Yeah I'm liking it a lot. The first 2 seasons anyway.
TheChii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by TheChii »

I honestly didn't know it was a comic. 😅

But I loved the show. I think I heard something about them possibly doing one more season?

I love the humor in it! Maze is probably my favorite.
Cor_al

Post by Cor_al »

I watched them all on amazon prime when it first came out! I thought the story line was great but some of the things said were cheesy.
[Danielle]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle.html
Latest Review: The Global Reconstruction Project by S. Cotton

Post by [Danielle] »

Yes! I have not read the comics, but have watched the show. While it's corny and cringey at times, I feel like that's just part of the show. It makes me laugh. It has been getting more serious and has more depth with the past season, but still keeps the humor I've come to love. The show tackles lots of biblical stories (obviously), but is also modern and tackles more relatable struggles of the self.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Amiyah04

Post by Amiyah04 »

Tbh that show is really good. It has you goimg through all of your emotions. 10 out 10 would recommend
NovaFly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novafly.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by NovaFly »

Brilliant show, funny and a bit tongue and cheek but with some very poignant moments. I've read one of the comics it had a more serious feel but was pretty good.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I had seen ads for the show and then recently, a couple female friends asked me to watch the beginning of the fifth season on Netflix. They raved about how attractive the main character is and his accent. There's actually a police officer with the same last name as the actor, or at least that is what I was told by someone connected to law enforcement. The actor has brown eyes and so in the great game of baseball according to John Fogerty, "A-roundin third, and headed for home, it's a brown-eyed handsome man, anyone can understand the way I feel.", i.e. catching potential slander balls thrown at a brown-eyed handsome man and deciding whether or not there is any foundation to the matter. Why blue and brown-eyed division - no idea, could be anything. Not really fair to only approach the likelihood based solely on eye color. So, if Lucifer really were God's enemy and a detective, of sorts, or not, then making a decision regarding his guilt would be quite interesting (and because he is Hollywood attractive and from what I have assessed regarding male minds) and probably about as thrilling as "crop-dusting" women, or in this case, detectives in Wal-mart. Could be total slander if his origins were from the song "Luka" by Suzanne Vega. I guess everyone would have to go play Pokeman, i.e. assess the situation as they normally would. Dogs normally bark at things and sniff them to get to know them, cats sniff, hiss, and bat at things so, whatever the human equivalent to these reactions might be would be called for here. He would probably believe that everyone has gone utterly mad. Funny, but not. But, the part of the fifth season I watched was very good.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Films and Books”