Review by KitabuKizuri -- My Purpose by Bruce Francois

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KitabuKizuri
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 245
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitabukizuri.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Review by KitabuKizuri -- My Purpose by Bruce Francois

Post by KitabuKizuri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Purpose" by Bruce Francois.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Purpose is a non-fiction book written by Bruce Francois. The book is published by Inspire Minds Publishing. The cover and the interior is designed by Jose Book designs.

The author was inspired to write this book to discuss questions like; Why are you here? Who are you born to be?, and What were you born to do? He elaborates to us the difference between the existence of basically going through the motions of life and contrasts it with a life of purpose. He meticulously takes us through the journey of seeking to discover our purpose by giving us principles that guide us in identifying and unwrapping where we are as we discover ourselves and the keys to unlock our fullest potential and move forward

One of the things talked about in the book is the ability of one to identify his/her own surroundings. It is one of the things that influence one's personality and choices in life. According to the book, one’s sources of influence are the people around you, the things around you and the systems in your environment. The author goes into more detail defining these things, alongside advice into how one can make a difference rather than being a product of these influences.

What I liked most about the book was the thorough arrangement of the author’s concepts in detail. He says, “I did what most engineers do: I broke life down to its most fundamental components...” Each chapter focuses on one aspect of the journey, like the struggle, discovering yourself, deploying yourself, and so on. The content is very well arranged and easy to follow, whether in sequence or for reference whenever the need arises to consult a topic of interest. There wasn’t much I disliked about the book.

In my opinion, the book is a notch or two higher than motivational material. If done right, the readers will be able to find out things about themselves that will stay with them and also enable them to enjoy the fruits of such discoveries for eternity. The author has written the book in such a way that a reader from any background of culture or faith can benefit from its content. However, he does consult Christian text and borrows a lot of influence from well known people like Myles Munroe and Stephen Copeland.

I highly recommend this book to those who need to find out how to live out their lives drawing from their full potential. I can’t identify anyone who would’t benefit from reading it. For the great editing and layout of the book, and the quality of content as discussed above, I give the book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

My Purpose
View: on Bookshelves

SomeoneInTheWorld
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-someoneintheworld.html
Latest Review: Elvenfold Hammerquest by Brex Francorum

Post by SomeoneInTheWorld »

Sounds like an interesting philosophical book. Your note that "If done right, the readers will be able to find out things about themselves that will stay with them" made me curious to read it. Thanks for the great review!

KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

SomeoneInTheWorld wrote:
04 Dec 2019, 06:02
Sounds like an interesting philosophical book. Your note that "If done right, the readers will be able to find out things about themselves that will stay with them" made me curious to read it. Thanks for the great review!
You're welcome! Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

MustaHarleen
Currently Reading: Warrior of Shadows: The Final Battle
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mustaharleen.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by MustaHarleen »

Many people go through life without knowing who they are and their life-purpose. Identity crisis should be treated as one of the worst psychological illnesses of the world. This sounds like an amazing book for self-discovery. Thanks for a great insightful review. Congratulations.

MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading: Divine Providence
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: I am Fearless by Quintero Caldwell

Post by MsH2k »

KitabuKizuri wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 03:04

In my opinion, the book is a notch or two higher than motivational material.
This is good to know. It distinguishes this book and makes me want to give it a try. Thanks for your review!

KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

MustaHarleen wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 04:13
Identity crisis should be treated as one of the worst psychological illnesses of the world.
Interesting take here, thanks for the kind comment.

KitabuKizuri
Currently Reading:

Post by KitabuKizuri »

MsH2k wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 15:26
KitabuKizuri wrote:
28 Nov 2019, 03:04

In my opinion, the book is a notch or two higher than motivational material.
This is good to know. It distinguishes this book and makes me want to give it a try. Thanks for your review!
Glad you liked the review, the book is indeed timeless...

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”