Review by redheadmargo -- E-M-P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
redheadmargo
Favorite Book: Waterworks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redheadmargo.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Review by redheadmargo -- E-M-P Honeymoon

Post by redheadmargo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E-M-P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a review of the book EMP Honeymoon: Kelly and Tom written by Dorothy May Mercer. It is a story about two people on their honeymoon who stumble across a plot by the North Korean government to explode a nuclear bomb in the atmosphere of the United States. Such an explosion in the lower atmosphere would cause a country-wide Electro Magnetic Pulse. The result of this would be devastating to all electronics and, most importantly, the power grids that crisscross the country would fail. This would leave the United States in a state of chaos.

The story begins with Kelly Turbulo on a shopping expedition in a small town in Honduras. She inadvertently sees a room filled with electronic monitors and is almost apprehended by the operators. She manages to make her escape and unable to reach her new husband, Tom Turbulo, she reaches out to her brother by phone. He is a United States congressman and is alarmed by her call. He instigates an investigation into what she has seen.

The story picks up steam as we meet the investigators and also a surprise addition. The author does a great job of detailing their actions, introducing the main players on both sides, and also manages to keep developments coming at a break-neck pace. The story keeps this pace throughout and gives us a satisfactory conclusion.

I really enjoyed the details used by the author that make this story authentic and believable. She weaves scientific details into the story seamlessly. I would recommend this book to all who enjoy a fast-paced thriller. I would not recommend this book to younger readers due to the subject matter. I didn’t care for some of the character interactions as they seemed frivolous, but that is a personal opinion. If you are looking for a book heavy on military actions, this is not the book for you.

After reading this book, I assume that this is part of a series of books centered around a select group of people who are all inter-connected. Having said that, it did not distract from the core story or leave the reader with unanswered questions.

The book appears to be well-edited and proofread. I found one small mistake but it did not distract from the story itself. I would definitely give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars based on the premise and conclusions. I enjoyed this book and will look for more by this author.

E-M-P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

I enjoyed reading your review. It captured everything about the book without leaving any spoilers. Thank you for a wonderful review.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

The exploration of cultural traditions and their impact on personal relationships in E M P Honeymoon offers a nuanced perspective on love and commitment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”