Review by Syson Dolph -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Syson Dolph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syson-dolph.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review by Syson Dolph -- We are Voulhire: A New Arrival ...

Post by Syson Dolph »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This story is about Bray, who is the sole heir of Onita. After the death of his uncle, Bray travelled from Magnum Caelum to Voulhire to achieve that. Rowan, who was the executor of Galen's will, ensured that the process was accomplished smoothly. This is due to the gratitude he had towards Galen.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz is indeed captivating. The events are not dated, but periods that is to say morning, afternoon, evening or night are stated. The physical appearances, traits, dress codes, feelings,intentions and effects are also talked of. I noticed no grammar or typing errors. Hence, I rate the book four out of four stars.

The author writes about the system of governance in Voulhire for example how the King descends to the throne, ranking and on the merit this is given such as Judges. Matthew talked of the economic activities carried out like trading, mining, fishing, et cetera. There are aspects about entertainment, spirituality, classes of people, et cetera in this society. I loved the fact that Bray continuously compares Magnum Caelum to Voulhire. By doing so, I discovered the architecture, lifestyles, sources of income, et cetera of both places. Rowan's characteristics proved that there are individuals who stick to their words. The contrast between Orlin and Meldorath placed me in a state of confusion because of the way the author wrote about the two individuals. In the end, I chose Meldorath to be the ideal character_ in my opinion. The defect was in the fact that Meldorath had only assumptions to back up his claims. Caromentis was also one of the beauties of this story.

The word that pertained to profanity is 'silly'. This I observed at location 47 of 4012. The sentence states that,'his high pitched voice sounded as old as I would have expected, but it was full of life and gently commanding, like a wise but silly granddad. There are three erotic scenes_ according to me.

I recommend this story to persons who love adventure, spirituality and reading in general. For persons, who hate frankness in the way an individual expresses feelings deeply embedded in their heart, there are descriptions you may find offensive. Given that, it's just reading, you may catch up on this story_ that is for you decide.

I learned that practice makes perfect, you can never tell, seeing is believing, a friend in need is a friend indeed, half a loaf is better than no bread, live and let live, any port in a storm, never say die, an Englishman's home is his castle, the more the merrier, in for a penny, in for a pound, patience pays and an apple doesn't fall far the tree.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”