Featured Official Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin [April 2020 Book of the Month]

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Re: Official Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by kandscreeley »

Faithmwangi wrote: 24 Jan 2019, 08:25 For some reason, authors nowadays paint the future as very dark times. As much as this is just a book, I do hope the occurrences do not take place in reality. I might give this read a try. Thanks for the review.
In some ways, I can see why. This was definitely a bit different than what I've read before, but there are glimpses of reality for sure. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Reality could tend to be too scary or morbid for our comfort at times, indeed. I've had a sampling of this piece, and I think it deserves to go to my Want to Read list as well. I do hope it could lead to workable solutions and realisations, too. Thank you for your candid yet insightful and well-written review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

This book sounds like it has a lot of interesting characters and themes centering around cloning humans. I am sure there would be a lot of issues of human rights, slavery, and abuse if clones were made available. What a mess! The book must have been well written as it gripped you to keep reading even with one eye shut. I am not so sure about the voyeurism part of it all.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Espie wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 22:11 Reality could tend to be too scary or morbid for our comfort at times, indeed. I've had a sampling of this piece, and I think it deserves to go to my Want to Read list as well. I do hope it could lead to workable solutions and realisations, too. Thank you for your candid yet insightful and well-written review.
Thank you. It's definitely scary but fascinating to read. If you do read, I hope you enjoy.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

LV2R wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 03:21 This book sounds like it has a lot of interesting characters and themes centering around cloning humans. I am sure there would be a lot of issues of human rights, slavery, and abuse if clones were made available. What a mess! The book must have been well written as it gripped you to keep reading even with one eye shut. I am not so sure about the voyeurism part of it all.
The voyeurism isn't sexual in nature. It's just that morbid fascination that's keeping you hooked to the story. And yes, it certainly raises a lot of interesting questions about rights. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
LV2R
Favorite Book: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lv2r.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by LV2R »

kandscreeley wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 08:27
LV2R wrote: 01 Feb 2019, 03:21 This book sounds like it has a lot of interesting characters and themes centering around cloning humans. I am sure there would be a lot of issues of human rights, slavery, and abuse if clones were made available. What a mess! The book must have been well written as it gripped you to keep reading even with one eye shut. I am not so sure about the voyeurism part of it all.
The voyeurism isn't sexual in nature. It's just that morbid fascination that's keeping you hooked to the story. And yes, it certainly raises a lot of interesting questions about rights. Thanks!
Ok, that relieves me about it. I may give it a try.
FlameKat64
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flamekat64.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by FlameKat64 »

I'm not going to lie, I totally judged this book by it's cover. It was strange yet intriguing. I'm most likely going to read this in the future (after I finish going through my other, steadily growing want to read list).
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

FlameKat64 wrote: 16 Feb 2019, 12:07 I'm not going to lie, I totally judged this book by it's cover. It was strange yet intriguing. I'm most likely going to read this in the future (after I finish going through my other, steadily growing want to read list).
It was quite an interesting, and scary, story. The world itself wasn't as bad as most writers depict - it wasn't really Dystopian - unless you are a clone.
—Neil Gaiman
HRichards
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hrichards.html
Latest Review: Yeh-shen by Ray Simmons

Post by HRichards »

Sounds like an interesting book. I'll admit the cover and title didn't really interest me, but the review may have changed my mind
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

HRichards wrote: 17 Feb 2019, 15:14 Sounds like an interesting book. I'll admit the cover and title didn't really interest me, but the review may have changed my mind
It's worth a try. It will capture your attention. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A futuristic science fiction revolving around clones, slavery, and human rights sounds exciting albeit dark. Provoking themes, relatable protagonist, and suspense add to the thrill. The touch of humor is another plus. I love the genre, so I will give it a chance. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

Great review! This premise reminded me a bit of the movie The Island. The clones in that story have a different purpose, but their plight makes you think about the future and where science is going to take us. I enjoy this type of sci-fi novel so I’m interested in checking this one out.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Post by Fazzier »

A fast-paced futuristic science fiction thriller that covers various themes such as human rights, slavery, and abuse seems like an eye-opening read. Since I'm a fan of novels based on the future, I can't wait to read this! Thank you so much for such an interesting and elaborate review!
Last edited by Fazzier on 29 Sep 2019, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
tristenb
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristenb.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by tristenb »

I really loved your writing style! A fast paced story about cloning sounds interesting. It is science fiction, but like you said is closer to reality than we might imagine. I'm looking forward to reading it.
cindyr2416
Favorite Book: Ironbark Hill
Currently Reading: Parkhurst tales
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cindyr2416.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by cindyr2416 »

Great review. This caught my attention right away. Human cloning made for slavery makes me wonder about the future. I like that their is added humor. I’ll add this to my must reads.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”