Review by aejonew -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aejonew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aejonew.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Review by aejonew -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by aejonew »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the book, Burn Zones, Jorge P. Newbery takes the reader on a journey through his life, starting with his first paperboy job at 7 years old, and ending as he is well into adulthood. He tells the reader of his multiple business ventures and the trials and tribulations they brought along with them. Throughout the book Newbery shows how you can turn even the worst failures into a lesson that can help you build your future.

Each chapter in this book represents a different phase of Newbery’s life, and therefore a different goal. Reading about how he pushed through challenges and worked for his goals throughout his entire life, no matter his age or current situation, was incredibly inspiring. If I had to choose one thing about this book that I liked the most, it would be that inspired feeling that it gave me. The way that Newbery faced his failures and his fears has taught me a new way to look at my own goals and aspirations, and while reading this book, and even still now, I feel an incredible sense of motivation to fully commit to going after what I want in life, regardless of what challenges may arise.

On the other hand, there wasn’t anything I truly disliked about this book. It was captivating, with great pacing that kept me turning page after page without being overwhelming, and it was very well edited. I found almost no spelling or grammar errors while reading.

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. I gave it a perfect rating because simply put; I loved it. Yes, it was well edited, well-paced, and very well organized, but it was really the story itself that won me over. On top of how inspiring the story was, it was also very honest. Newbery shows the reader everything, including his faults and mistakes. He does not shy away from showing the downsides or negative repercussions of his experiences, but rather lays them all out and allows both himself and the reader to learn from them. With the writing being on par with the incredible story, I could not give it any less than a perfect rating.

I would recommend this book to everyone. Particularly to anyone who wants to see an example of what can happen if you don’t give up, someone who maybe needs a bit of extra motivation to really go for their goals. Newbery is a wonderful role model for those looking to really take their lives to the next level, and I will surely be recommending this book to my friends and family.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”