Review by Faithmwangi -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Faithmwangi -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Faithmwangi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn zones, by Jorge P. Newberry, is an autobiography that speaks of Jorge’s life from the moment he was born up until the present. Jorge was a ruthless entrepreneur who got into the business world at the tender age of seven. From the moment he started his paper business as a young boy his thirst for entrepreneurship never stopped. Business after business he thrived and became a force to be reckoned with. This was until he was burned by his business and he had to re-strategise. Burn zones is a true story of life’s ups and downs bound to inspire anyone who comes across it.

Right from the start, I found this read inspiring. While most kids at the age of seven are thinking about toys and games, Jorge was thinking of how to make money. Not only that, he was pretty confident in his abilities as well. What I liked most was his resilience even when faced with obstacles. He was a positive thinker and this helped him get through most of his tough times.

The other thing I noticed that I liked is the kind of support Jorge had from his family. Whenever he needed to be driven for any of his events, he had someone to do it. He had a solid support system who cheered him on even as he pursued his goals. Jorge was also a supportive child and we see he constantly helps his father and mother towards the end of the book.

What I disliked about the read are the characters that come in and make Jorge’s life miserable. There were news reporters who only focused on tarnishing his name and government officials who plotted for his demise. It goes to show how evil people can be; kicking you when you are already down. Other than that I found the book to be exceptionally good. The main themes evident included hard work and diligence.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I did not notice any errors within the book, a clear indication it was well edited. It had 10 chapters and flowed from the beginning to the end. I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to start a business, anyone who has a business and is facing challenges. Burn zones are real and at times they can tear us down, but with the right people around us and with the right attitude we are bound to overcome.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”