Official Review: ABM is B2B. by Sangram Vajre

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Official Review: ABM is B2B. by Sangram Vajre

Post by mmm17 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "ABM is B2B." by Sangram Vajre.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

ABM is B2B: Why B2B Marketing and Sales Is Broken and How to Fix It, written by Sangram Vajre and Eric Spett, abridges a wealth of literature about marketing. But first of all, let’s get the acronyms out of the way, shall we? ABM stands for Account-Based Marketing, and B2B is Business-to-Business Marketing. According to the authors, since they are both organizational strategies “designed specifically to create more revenue,” they are the same thing. However, as the title suggests, ABM has the upper hand here. Furthermore, the book promises to demonstrate that ABM can fix how “B2B marketers have found all sorts of ways to screw it up through the years,” and it delivers!

The authors present the most common marketing concepts and terms in a very instructional manner. They also describe a simple and practical framework to address the core areas of marketing – it is called TEAM: targeting, engagement, activation, and measurement.

I am partial to hands-on, straightforward, and practical handbooks. I tend to love them. This one was right up my alley, for it contained a multitude of real-world business cases and examples in a little less than two hundred pages. I found it to be a fast and instructive read. The tone is conversational and fun, with amusing quotes. For instance, “Half the money I spend on marketing is wasted; the trouble is I don’t know which half.”

A good part of the book (almost half of it) encompasses references to content available in a site named FlipMyFunnel. The resources include summaries of daily podcasts, books, and interviews featuring business leaders talking about marketing, sales, and leadership. I was pleasantly surprised to see notable names such as Jeff Bezos (founder, chairman, and CEO of Amazon) and Peter Drucker (legendary management guru). I enjoyed how the key takeaways got presented.

Most of all, I was positively impressed by how aesthetically pleasing the book’s layout is; I found this to be a noteworthy positive point. The pages’ outline and typographic design were beautifully done and looked professional. The text does contain some minor grammatical errors, but most of them are related to comma misusage and do not detract from the reading experience at all.

In closing, I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. There’s nothing I disliked about it. It will surely appeal to business executives, especially those directly involved with marketing and sales. I also believe it can be a useful textbook for college students in the field. I don’t think it will appeal to those who have no ties whatsoever to the business world.

ABM is B2B.
View: on Bookshelves
saman_y
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by saman_y »

the most amazing work by sangram vajre marketing strategies are explained so well incase someone planning to go for matrketing needs to read this!
Nyambura Githui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyambura-githui.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nyambura Githui »

I like practical books that interview people about their experiences. Great job on the review. I'll look it up.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This one sounds well-researched, but it's not for me. I have actually heard of B2B, though. Thanks for your review, but I'm going to give this a skip.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Rachel Lea
Favorite Book: Adrift
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-lea.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Rachel Lea »

This book sounds like a very helpful and well-written resource to those with careers in sales and marketing. Thanks for your review!
"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one." -- George R.R. Martin :techie-studyingbrown:
Raja120788
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Raja120788 »

I have read this book from a few day I found that its very easy to under stand the Writer created the FlipMyFunnel Community in 2014 to provide a place for B2B marketing and sales innovators to foster the account-based mindset and to learn from each other.
Nizar Ali Shah
Currently Reading: Tourist Trap
Bookshelf Size: 148

Post by Nizar Ali Shah »

"ABM is B2B", by Sangram Vajre. ABM stands for Account Based Marketing, and
B2B stands for Business- to- Business Marketing.According to authors they consider these two one and the same.But ABM has upper hand.The authors considers these two are organisational strategies.ABM and B2B both aim to create more revenue.The authors have presented the most common marketing concepts in a simple way and have added an informative knowledge in the field of marketing and sales.They have also described a simple framework to address the core areas marketing known as TEAM that is targeting, engagement,activation and measurement.The book is very useful for business executives as well as marketing and sales people
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Post by mmm17 »

kandscreeley wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 17:59 This one sounds well-researched, but it's not for me. I have actually heard of B2B, though. Thanks for your review, but I'm going to give this a skip.
Thank you for reading!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I agree that this book will appeal to those in the business world. I also like your recommendation that students study this book. Real examples are also helpful for readers. You did a wonderful job of describing this book. Thanks.
Bhaskins
Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Bhaskins »

This sounds well thought out and like an interesting read. I do a tiny bit in the business world and this might be good way to get some new knowledge.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book." -J.K. Rowling

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”