Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Review by Ekta Swarnkar -- The Reel Sisters

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Happiness can be found in many ways, the best one is in the satisfaction of doing what you love."

A refreshing tale about the friendship of five girls with major life lessons. Rose, Sophie, Veronica, Amanda, and Melody, coming from different backgrounds and age groups share a common interest in fly-fishing. It is a lovely experience reading how these girls make some time to cherish their friendship and their love for the sport. Rose and Sophie introduced the game to the other girls. Melody met the girls in an accident and decided to stay with them to enjoy the weekend. Rose taught her the basics of the game and to their surprise, she learned fast. Despite their personal pain, they manage to spend some time together in Rose's cabin and forget about their problems. The weekends and fly-fishing were serving fine for refreshment, but they must find permanent solutions to their problems. Maybe some of them will find a cure but will all of them be?

The Reel Sisters is a crafty work authored by Michelle Cummings. The purpose is to enlighten the power of friendship and how a common interest helps to fortify it. Adventure, love, joy, pain, and sacrifice all are molded in the story. The author's personality is reflected through the characters. It is clear that she has a keen interest in fly-fishing. The writer divided the book into 10 sections, describing the phases of life and friendship. The story is told by all the girls as the first person. It can be viewed with each person's position. The story is real and nice.

Sophie, a middle-aged woman, started fly-fishing to fill in the broken blocks of her life. She is a caring person and lovable. She was cheerful and helpful throughout the book. Her dialogue "I hate her and love her all at the same time" made me love this character. Rose, a motherly woman, lost her everything to time but didn't let it take away her smile. She was the most experienced both in the games of life and fly-fishing. She gave serious advice. She was also the humor factor of the book. Veronica, the CEO of a company, believes that entering this adventurous sport fueled not only her personal life but also her professional life. Amanda, a young school teacher, a mother, and a wife, carried with her a lot of pain and responsibilities but is the most adorable. Melody is a girl of tats and piercings. She is a bird who loves to stay in her own world. Once she got involved in this lively venture, she felt so loved and found her truest self. These all we're way different from each other but loved each other. The lives were so beautifully designed that one may fall in love with their lives.

I got glued to the book, after they rescued Melody, although the beginning was a little boring. It was hard to believe that a general narrative can be so inspiring. There were many instances where the writer associated the game with their stories. She was able to give lessons related to the sport and life altogether, which were useful in either format. Moreover, our creative writer absolutely knows how to give coincidences, the realistic touches. Nowhere I felt the coincidences were too unusual. I loved how the writer provided a description of the thunderstorm through different perspectives. They connected it with their problems and came out of them. The author has experience in making situations relatable. The sport played a vital role, it was an important element. Through each character, a message is spread, which is to follow your dreams. In the story, one found love, one found success, one found peace, one found herself, but they all found satisfaction with the sport in their lives.

There were many things appropriate in the book. First, the title slightly indicates how friends become family. Second, the language is simple and stylish. It is easy to understand as well as attractive. Third, I found the book professionally edited, although there were trifling errors. Covering aspects like adventure, happiness, pain, etc. and turning it into a light read, I think it may be appealing for all those readers who like to read simple and sweet stories. I would recommend this to anyone who is passionate about their interests, this book will encourage them.

I rate The Reel Sisters written by Michelle Cummings 4 out of 4 stars. I don't find any reason to reduce a star. I loved reading it and admire the writer for this wonderful work.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Lindsey Klaus
Currently Reading: The Rogue Queen
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lindsey-klaus.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Lindsey Klaus »

This sounds like an inspiring story of friendship, love, and ambition. I love how the author finds a way to connect her starring ladies through their common interest of fly-fishing, despite all of them being very different at their core. The book sounds absolutely lovely, thank you for your review!
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Lindsey Klaus wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 00:20 This sounds like an inspiring story of friendship, love, and ambition. I love how the author finds a way to connect her starring ladies through their common interest of fly-fishing, despite all of them being very different at their core. The book sounds absolutely lovely, thank you for your review!
Yes, it is really amazing how the writer connected them with fly-fishing, including their differences. Thanks for the comment. I appreciate it.
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Highlighting the value of love and friendship in navigating life and its difficulties makes for a wonderful story. I don't think I could withstand the time spent on fly-fishing though. I think I'll skip this one for now, but thanks for the wonderful review!
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Kelyn wrote: 04 Sep 2019, 17:09 Highlighting the value of love and friendship in navigating life and its difficulties makes for a wonderful story. I don't think I could withstand the time spent on fly-fishing though. I think I'll skip this one for now, but thanks for the wonderful review!
Thanks for your kind words and for showing your interest in here.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Although I had some problems with the book, I did enjoy many parts of it. I really agree with you that the friendship between the characters was great. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

rumik wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 04:40 Although I had some problems with the book, I did enjoy many parts of it. I really agree with you that the friendship between the characters was great. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Well, we are different people for a reason. But, yes their friendship was great. Thanks for your comments.
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I like that this book deals with friendship as that is so important. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

I remember enjoying this book as well. It had fun, relatable characters and good dramatic moments, but I thought the metaphors got a bit too heavy-handed at times. Thanks for the review!
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Prisallen wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 07:21 I like that this book deals with friendship as that is so important. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Thanks for making time to read my review. I really appreciate it.
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Tomah wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 17:08 I remember enjoying this book as well. It had fun, relatable characters and good dramatic moments, but I thought the metaphors got a bit too heavy-handed at times. Thanks for the review!
Thanks for the comment.
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

Interesting review. I am currently reading this book, and hopefully, write my review to be on par with many others already featured, including yours.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

ReyvrexQuestor Reyes wrote: 07 Sep 2019, 19:39 Interesting review. I am currently reading this book, and hopefully, write my review to be on par with many others already featured, including yours.
That means a lot to me!
I am sure that you are enjoying the book. Thanks for the comment.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I also met the five women and was touched by all their lives. This is a profound review of their story of friendship.
Ekta Swarnkar
Currently Reading:

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Miriam Molina wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 05:06 I also met the five women and was touched by all their lives. This is a profound review of their story of friendship.
Truly, it is a great book. Thank you so much.
:tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”