Official Review: Happiness Now! A Guided Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Review: Happiness Now! A Guided Journey

Post by kandscreeley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Happiness Now! A Guided Journey" by Sonia Weyers.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Happiness Now! A Guided Journey by Sonia Weyers is a self-help book of around 250 pages. The author's aim is to help you to find the motivation and activities to improve your life and, thus, be happier. There are three parts to the book, each with interactive elements to personalize the given principles.

In part one, Ms. Weyers helps the reader to figure out why they want to change. In the second part, the author helps us to find what we might want to change, exploring potential focus points. For the last part, we are given specific tools to "try on." It is then that we will be able to determine what is most successful for us.

The author covers all aspects of our well-being including physical, emotional, and spiritual. I especially enjoyed the tips on organic produce, as the author lets us know which fruits and vegetables we should spend the extra money on to buy organic. In the spiritual realm, Ms. Weyers explores concepts that can be adapted even for someone who is devoutly religious. Similarly, the book is apolitical, even when the author mentions Trump. This broadens her readership to include the majority of readers.

What I most appreciated about this journey is that the author doesn't simply provide tips or tricks for the reader. Rather, she walks us through how to use them with guided exercises. In fact, there is an activity booklet available for download which can be used to journal throughout the process. Too many self-help books provide only stories of change, reasons to change, or how to change without actually enabling the reader in their personal lives; this book is different.

Furthermore, Ms. Weyers offers resources to continue the process of happier, healthier living. From a Facebook group to books to read to websites to visit, there's something for everyone.

As far as drawbacks, there were not many. Those that are against all self-help books probably wouldn't appreciate it, even if it's atypical. Since Ms. Weyers does discuss spiritual health, if you are a staunch atheist, those sections could easily be passed on without sacrificing reading the entire book.

All in all, this is a worthwhile read; it's one that should be considered carefully and read slowly in order to grasp the concepts presented and incorporate them into daily routines. I give Happiness Now! A Guided Journey 4 out of 4 stars as I also believe it was professionally edited. I recommend it to anyone looking to improve their life, but if you are opposed to non-fiction self-help books, this wouldn't be enjoyable.

Happiness Now! A Guided Journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

This is the first time I've read a review of a self-help book by you. I can see how the atypical approach is more appealing and I like the spiritual aspect you mention.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Cecilia_L wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 09:33 This is the first time I've read a review of a self-help book by you. I can see how the atypical approach is more appealing and I like the spiritual aspect you mention.
I've done a few self-help books here and there. It was definitely interesting that the spiritual aspect could be adapted to your own religion. Thanks for your comment!
—Neil Gaiman
Nizar Ali Shah
Currently Reading: Tourist Trap
Bookshelf Size: 148

Post by Nizar Ali Shah »

"Happiness Now! A Guided Journey" by Sonia Wayers.This is a self help book.The author wants to improve the lives of its readers through her motivational activities so that they could be happier.In part one,the author wants and asks its reader how they themselves think to change them and in part two, the author thinks how she herself can change them. Both ways activities once combined then they would be successful.Sonia Wayers is also right when she says that change can not happen without involving their readers and supports to involve their readers.Besides this she also gives practical workable tips for the change agenda.The author covers physical, emotional, and spiritual aspect of human works.The strength of the book is that it is with practical exercises and the concepts are clear about change so the quality of life of its readers could be improved.This is a worthwhile read for all those for their successful life who want a positive change in their lives.If you are atheist then the word spiritual would not be useful only for them.This book is not a story of change like other books but it is a practical book with implementation plan
mmm17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmm17.html
Latest Review: Broke Open by Lela Becker

Post by mmm17 »

An atypical self-help title is always good news. :lol:
Great review! :tiphat:
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

mmm17 wrote: 22 Aug 2019, 18:06 An atypical self-help title is always good news. :lol:
Great review! :tiphat:
I have to agree with that! Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I like the sound of this self-help book as it seems to cover several different aspects of a person's life. It is interesting that even organic produce is covered. I shall have to include it in my list of books to read. Great review, as always, Kandscreeley!
Bhaskins
Currently Reading: The Biography of Her
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhaskins.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Bhaskins »

As a therapist I’m always looking for other resources for my clients or things I can read and then share with them. This sounds like it might be a good option. Thank you for your review I will check it out and see if I should add it to my collection.
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book." -J.K. Rowling
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The first section that makes the reader examine the "why" they want to change is important. Without that motivation, the rest of the suggestions could fall flat. I like the guided exercises and the plethora of outside resources for readers to explore. What a great motivational read! Thanks.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Prisallen wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 08:02 I like the sound of this self-help book as it seems to cover several different aspects of a person's life. It is interesting that even organic produce is covered. I shall have to include it in my list of books to read. Great review, as always, Kandscreeley!
You should! It's got great tips and is meant to be incorporated into your life. Thanks for the kind words.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Bhaskins wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 08:48 As a therapist I’m always looking for other resources for my clients or things I can read and then share with them. This sounds like it might be a good option. Thank you for your review I will check it out and see if I should add it to my collection.
It's definitely one you should look into for your clients. I hope it can be a great resource for you. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

kdstrack wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 09:46 The first section that makes the reader examine the "why" they want to change is important. Without that motivation, the rest of the suggestions could fall flat. I like the guided exercises and the plethora of outside resources for readers to explore. What a great motivational read! Thanks.
It's definitely different than many other books out there. That's why I like it. Thanks for your comments.
—Neil Gaiman
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

I like that the book really is a guided journey (as opposed to a guide book) that gives the readers tools to understand and enact the tips that are being given.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

esp1975 wrote: 23 Aug 2019, 13:43 I like that the book really is a guided journey (as opposed to a guide book) that gives the readers tools to understand and enact the tips that are being given.
I agree. It's educational and worth reading. I hope you can find time for it. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
Tomah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomah.html
Latest Review: Greta Gar BITCH by Kimber Leigh

Post by Tomah »

I'm not too interested in the spiritual aspect, but it sounds like a good self-help book overall, featuring practical advice and concrete steps to achieving one's goals. I dislike books that use empty platitudes and vague suggestions, so I'm glad to know this one's different. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”