Official Review: Tighten The Lug Nuts by Rocky Romanella

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Official Review: Tighten The Lug Nuts by Rocky Romanella

Post by Renu G »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tighten The Lug Nuts" by Rocky Romanella.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tighten the Lug Nuts is Rocky Romanella’s first book. With an eye-catching cover page, he adds humor to the otherwise simple and exquisite story that many business leaders may appreciate. With an air travel setting, the contents are a leisurely read that is neither too exciting nor boring. I felt quite relaxed and thoughtful as I was reading between the lines and reflecting on the application of the author’s advice regarding balanced leadership.

Joe Scafone is the protagonist of the story. He is traveling home from California to New Jersey. Details include the boarding process at the airport, games people play during journeys, and his encounter with an elderly woman who is feeling nervous about the flight. This is Joe’s last trip after 35 years as a business professional. He has just retired, but his personality as a leader shines through ordinary gestures during the trip. He exemplifies all the qualities that the author desires to highlight. The trip is symbolic of what happens in life and business.

I noticed the author’s respectful attitude towards his family members. I agree with him that everyone is a leader because we all have an impact on the people around us by taking some responsibility and setting an example that others could follow. Throughout the book, the writer emphasizes the significance of simple acts of kindness as well as balance in the emotional and intellectual development of a leader. A healthy dissatisfaction with oneself helps one to constantly align one’s strategic vision with tactful execution. Consistency in the quality of service to customers is important in business dealings. To resolve problems effectively, one needs to be knowledgeable, positive, grateful, and responsive. This implies good listening skills.

He drives home his message with sensitivity towards readers. I like that every chapter is followed by bullet points one can learn from the story, e.g., “Leaders live their values and set the tone from the top.” The contents are suitable for new and seasoned professionals. The title, Tighten the Lug Nuts, is connected to a story within the story. It is one of the most important lessons for every leader. I shall not spoil the read by giving out the details. My favorite lesson is: “You can only handle a few urgent things, so do not allow important things to become urgent.” I also liked the philosophy of balanced leadership, which is the focus of this publication.

Overall, I found the author’s ideas quite realistic and achievable for most leaders in business and daily life. He is not merely speculating. The ideals are displayed through little acts of kindness. Family relationships and values are not overlooked. One realizes that one’s character is one’s legacy. For all the reasons described in this review, I am delighted to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is a concise read with 142 pages. Tighten the Lug Nuts seems to be professionally edited, and I found only a few typos that do not impact the reading experience. The author is consistent with his style of writing that makes reading enjoyable. There is nothing that I disliked about the contents. I wholeheartedly recommend it to leaders in every field. It will appeal to beginners as well as experienced businesspersons.

Tighten The Lug Nuts
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Wanjugush
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Favorite Book: Becoming
Currently Reading: Finding A Job in Tough Times
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanjugush.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer by Julie Penshorn
fav_author_id: 2734

Post by Wanjugush »

I would check out this book for the cover. It is humorous and makes one curious to know what is inside the book. Great review.
Intuitive Catalyst
Favorite Book: The Road
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intuitive-catalyst.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Intuitive Catalyst »

The cover caught me and from what you share in your review, it's contents are bang on target, thoughtful, insightful and humorous. The book sounds like a good coaching tool as well and I love the quotes you shared. Review appreciated. Cheers :)
Nizar Ali Shah
Currently Reading: Tourist Trap
Bookshelf Size: 148

Post by Nizar Ali Shah »

"Tighten the Lug Nuts" by Rocky Romanella.In his first book, the author addresses the business leaders and other promoters and advocates for balanced leadership.Joe has a central role in the story.He advises his business leaders to priority things and do first the urgent things then would come the turn of important things.I agree with the author that those who take forward business should have a thorough knowledge about the trade as well as positive role and be responsive.The author is also right in his contention that every is one way or the other is a leader and should fulfill his or her responsibility.Consistency is very important to achieve success in the business.Showing to others simple acts of kindness would bring harmony in the prevailing society and being respectful to ones family these things promote social and cultural values in the society.
The book is equally important for junior and senior business professional and for those who intend to initiate business in the future can get these successful tips from the book
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The cover picture gives readers of the humorous style of this author. I like his perspective of reminding all people that they are leaders in some way or other. Great review. Thanks!
OuKoyoo
Currently Reading: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oukoyoo.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by OuKoyoo »

What draws me to this book is the mention that the author’s ideas quite realistic as well as achievable for most leaders in both in business and daily life. What a great review!
Laila_Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Laila_Hashem »

I get why you gave it 4 out of 4, but I found the plotline too simple from the summary. I might still take a look at it so I am not judging it without reading. Great review!
BookPower9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 387

Post by BookPower9 »

One of interesting Book to read. I can't wait. Leadership is so important in every area of Business. With balancing component, that makes more challenging in Business Leadership Nice review! Thanks.
AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

Seems like this engaging title must be packed with plenty of beneficial real-world examples and aspirational role model tips! A focus on little acts of kindness and an empathetic awareness intrigues me in this context. Leaders will always have a place in this world, as long as millions of others display a consistent preference to be led. Talk about job security! Can't wait to check this one out. Thanks for the helpful review!
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Seems like it's an interesting format, mixing real world advice with a central storyline. Also, I've found that effective leaders really are the ones who have some sort of balance with their family, friends and work life. Thanks for the review.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”