Review by Echo Haapala -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Echo Haapala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Poseidon's Eye by Trisha O'Keefe

Review by Echo Haapala -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Echo Haapala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Dive into the life of Jorge Newbery. He is an entrepreneur with a list of successes and lessons. Experience the journey, rises and falls and become inspired along the way.

Burn Zones was an intriguing and surprising read. Before digging in, I knew this book was about finances and debt. After I read the first page, I realized it was so much more. This was a truly uplifting and inspirational memoir about Jorge Newbery’s burn zones. A burn zone is using max effort for a short period of time to separate the winners from the losers.

Jorge immerses the reader into his professional and personal life. Throughout the pages, he describes his wins, burn zones and lessons. The beginning chapters of Burn Zones showcase Jorge Newbery’s professional journey. It begins with little Jorge entering the workforce as a newspaper delivery boy at the ripe old age of seven. As a reader, I was amazed by this kid’s professional drive. I was even more astonished to learn that his drive never flatlined. It seemed to just increase with age. Jorge’s incredible resume lengthens as the chapters go on. Throughout his professional career, he seamlessly transitioned from burn zone to burn zone. With each burn zone, a lesson was learned and new brilliant ideas were formed.

I found it interesting that Jorge was able to pinpoint a burn zone in each period of his life. At a certain point, I started to think about my personal life. Sure enough, I was able to identify my burn zones that I have conquered. Not going to lie, at this point, I felt like Rocky Balboa when he reached the top of the stairs.

What fascinated me about this memoir was Jorge himself. He came across as a genuine and forward-thinking individual. For example, he wanted to provide opportunities for those who were struggling. At one point, he developed a program that provided education and training for individuals that were down on their luck. This program proved to be successful. Later on, Jorge created a company that helped homeowners that were in the process of losing their homes. By the end of the book, I felt truly inspired by him.

With all of this said, I don’t have a single negative thing to say about Burn Zones, so I rate this book a 4 out of 4. This book appeared to be professionally edited, as I only noted two errors. Additionally, to the readers that are not autobiography fans, do not hesitate to read this book. It is not a typical memoir and the writing style is light and conversational. It almost felt like we were having a conversation (a one-sided one, of course). As for recommendations, there isn’t anyone that I wouldn’t recommend this book to.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”