Review by Nimat87 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimat87.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Nimat87 -- Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nimat87 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A chance meeting of two strangers on a school lawn gives birth to their desire for adventure. This symbolizes the beginning of a daring tour around the world by four friends. They call it 'Man Mission'.

Eytan Uliel's Man Mission documents the experiences of four friends as they embark on yearly adventures to various interesting sights around the world. In fifteen years, they visit fifteen unique sites, while learning about the culture and enjoying food prepared by natives.

The book captures the joy, pain, and freedom that comes with travels: we share the excitement following the discovery of a new place; we empathize with the author's many embarrassingly sustained injuries during his voyage; we feel the joy and fulfillment that comes with every challenge surmounted by each character.

Man Mission also narrates the strain experienced in the personal lives and career choices of the characters. The reader is able to identify with issues such as couple disagreements, infidelity, separation, disappointments, the quest for happiness and fulfillment, mid-life crisis, career dissatisfaction and much more. This makes the book much more relatable. It portrays the dilemma of the author, as he is often torn between adventure, career fulfillment, and family life. A particularly touching theme is the author's quest for balance and happiness in every facet of his life, which he seems to be unable to achieve. Even during his sojourns around the world, he cannot get over the feelings of sadness and frustration with the way his personal life, especially his marriage, has turned out.

I'm particularly impressed by the author's descriptive use of language. It captures the various emotions felt by the characters at different points in their lives. It gives the reader a feeling of being a part of this fast-paced lifestyle of changing diapers, climbing mountains and carrying files.

The author also does a good job of giving detailed documentation and descriptions of places visited. This would definitely be a good resource for adventure seekers. It would provide more information on interesting places to visit, what to bring with you and hurdles you are likely to face. Reading this book, I felt like the fifth adventurer.

Man Mission was well-written and edited for grammatical, structural, and typographical errors. It was also a very interesting book to read. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I'll recommend this book to lovers of travel and adventure and anyone who loves to read a well-written book with relatable themes.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. '
-Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926).
:eusa-think: :clap: :escribir:
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

I think I am turned off a bit just by the title and the idea that these adventures are something for "men". At the same time, it does sound like an interesting book.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

I must say, while reading it, I got a bit put off by some ideas in the book, but it's generally an entertaining and exciting read. Thanks for taking time to comment!
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

This looks like a well-rounded read that is relatable and entertaining as well. I like how you point out the prevailing themes. Also, the book seems useful for travellers. Thank you for this well-written review.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
allbooked+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allbooked.html
Latest Review: A Bonza Life by Brian murphy

Post by allbooked+ »

This sounds like an interesting read - and I like that a book is written about a group of guys out enjoying life. There are lots of books about groups of women who get together for adventure. I think I will suggest this for my adult kids to read.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

Ekta Kumari wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 07:00 This looks like a well-rounded read that is relatable and entertaining as well. I like how you point out the prevailing themes. Also, the book seems useful for travellers. Thank you for this well-written review.
Yes, it's truly a well rounded book. Thanks for taking time to comment, Ekta Kumari.
Nimat87
Currently Reading:

Post by Nimat87 »

allbooked+ wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 07:11 This sounds like an interesting read - and I like that a book is written about a group of guys out enjoying life. There are lots of books about groups of women who get together for adventure. I think I will suggest this for my adult kids to read.
They'd definitely enjoy it. Thanks for the comment, allbooked+
eastandalchemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eastandalchemy.html
Latest Review: Sir, I'm Not That Kind of Girl! by Mary Lynn Archibald

Post by eastandalchemy »

esp1975 wrote: 08 Jul 2019, 15:46 I think I am turned off a bit just by the title and the idea that these adventures are something for "men". At the same time, it does sound like an interesting book.
I agree that the title is a bit misleading. I originally assumed that I wasn't the intended audience for this book but I'm glad I gave it a chance because it's very relatable regardless of gender.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”