Review by adq -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
adq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adq.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by adq -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by adq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery, was an overall enjoyable read. The rate I choose to give the book is a three out of four. The book appealed to me and I was able to relate to some of the things in this book. Apart from having a good rating the book still has its flaws. This book was still a great biography/ autobiography and I could relate to the Burn Zones Jorge Newbary talked about in this book.
There were several good things in this book that appealed to me. The main thing about this book that I liked that it was inspirational to me. It was inspirational in the way that I to have been through Burn Zones. Seeing the way he faced Burn Zones inspired me to be optimistic and keep being relentless and not let burn zones discourage me. Another reason why this book has a good rating is that I was easily hooked to the book from the beginning. After every chapter I kept wanting to read. These points are the reason that this book has a rating of three out of four.
Despite having a good rating, there were parts I highly disliked and just wasn’t really enjoying. For example,the imbalance number of pages per paragraph. The first paragraph had 53 pages while the last paragraph only had three pages. This is personally something I dislike when reading a book. Another part I was not to sure about is on page 19. On page 19 the picture shows the ice cream trike Jorge had. The spelling on the trike is spelled “George” instead of “Jorge.” This is something I didn’t understand and was really confused. This book was very well edited. I couldn’t find any typos or errors in grammar. These were the main issues about the book that I was aware of.
Burn Zones: Playing Lifes Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbary was a great read and was very well edited. I could hardly find any typos or issues in grammar while reading. The rating of this book is a three out of four. People face Burn Zones all throughout their life. Jorge P. Newbary tells about the Burn Zones he faced. I was inspired to push through my own Burn Zones and make the best of my opportunities.
Burn Zones: Playing Lifes Bad Hands is a story of how Jorge P. Newbary dealt with life’s bad hands and overcame adversity against the greatest challenges. It’s an inspirational story of Jorge P. Newbary, who was pushed to his mental and physical limits. It’s a lesson that can be learned by anyone.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”