Review by klbradley -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by klbradley -- Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Empowered" by Dominica Lumazar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Empowered by Dominica Lumazar is a modern-day business owner's guide formatted to instill leadership and success in the workplace. Published in July 2019 by Lasting Press, Empowered features tools which business owners can use to ensure success within their business and management strategies. At under 130 Kindle edition pages, Empowered is an expeditious business tool that can be used for business advancement, marketing, and most importantly, time management and self-advancement.

In Empowered, the author details distinct moments within her career where she has successfully managed to help business owners and managers discover where they are making mistakes and how to overcome these drawbacks. Reminiscing on a previous job she had, she recalls moments where she notices specific shortcomings in management areas and how those instances left lasting impressions on her future endeavors. At the beginning of her story, Dominica Lumazar explains the travails she faced as a child with learning difficulties. While several of her adult leaders seemed to simply give up on her, she persevered with knowing she could never give up on herself. Knowing from a young age that she wanted to be a business owner someday, Lumazar set out to teach herself the techniques she would need in her future.

Empowered is essentially broken down into three-part segments. The first part includes leadership techniques and finding a successful work-life balance. The second part dives deeper into the business world to include specific important details for marketing and relationship building. The final part includes ways to stay on course and continue forming your business in the right direction.

Although the author specifically mentions that as a child she suffered from struggles in reading and writing, she shows clarity and consistency with her writing abilities throughout her book. She clearly has a natural intuition when it comes to running a business and is more than happy to share what she had to learn the hard way with others. She maintains an upbeat personality, despite facing numerous challenges on her journey to achieving her dream of becoming a business owner. The section that I felt I was able to benefit the most from detailed the best ways to maintain a successful work-life balance. As a wife, mother and business owner, Dominica Lumazar has had to learn how to balance all three while also knowing she had to have some time to herself as well. While reading her advice, I felt that I was most able to connect with her on this level and have begun implementing her advice into my own life to better benefit from balancing the important segments of my own life.

I'm pleased to rate Empowered by Dominica Lumazar 4 out of 4 stars and would gladly recommend it to readers who are looking for ways to benefit most in their business ownership or business management lives. I found her advice and information to be realistic and ultimately achievable if you're able to implement her information fully. The editing for Empowered was clearly professionally done, as I found no errors while reading. I definitely feel as though business owners in today's society would greatly benefit from reading her advice.

Empowered
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

Solid review. I like that you were able to implement some of the author's advice yourself. And realistic and achievable advice is definitely a plus.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

esp1975 wrote: 12 Aug 2019, 12:00 Solid review. I like that you were able to implement some of the author's advice yourself. And realistic and achievable advice is definitely a plus.
Thank you very much for checking it out!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”