Review by daviddawud -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dawud Adaviruku
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawud-adaviruku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Review by daviddawud -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Dawud Adaviruku »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I have read many short stories of teenagers who became very wealthy with thousands of dollars in their bank accounts despite their age. These children start life by having a crystal clear picture of what they want to achieve and working tirelessly to make it a reality damn the obstacles. Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is an outstanding autobiography that precisely depicts the life of such a teenager. It is an intriguing book that gives a breath-taking account of the author’s struggles in life. Jorge described some of the decisions that gave him remarkable results and others that ended him in excruciating failures. He described the challenges that he came across throughout his careers. According to the author, Burn Zone refers to a relatively short period of the extraordinary effort that separates the winner and the loser. This implies a very rough situation in life where it is easy to quit but very pertinent to persevere if one must succeed.

Jorge P. Newbery starts the novel by relating his story as a newspaper delivery boy when he was staying with his family. He managed to get this job when he was 7 years old. His urge for money and challenge further led him to deliver newspapers for a competing firm to earn double. After saving hundreds of dollars from the newspaper deliveries, he was able to start an Ice cream business at the age of 11. Subsequently, Jorge never looked back as he proceeded to each new challenge. He acquired and rented out his stage for punk rock concerts, ran a record company, competed as a professional Olympic cyclist, and he moved from a loan originator to a real estate mogul. Each of these wonderful experiences thought him how to push through different burn zones at a time. However, it was only the experience he had in real estate’s that thought him how to accept failure and financial defeat.

When I read the first few chapters of the book, I was impressed by the author’s organization of each chapter. This made the flow of the narration easier to understand and comprehend. His writing styles were simple without unnecessary grammars. Also, I was intrigued by Jorge’s enthusiasm for success and confidence. It’s inspiring to know how he didn’t give up at any point in his life. For example, he didn’t give up despite when he had a natural disaster triggered financial collapse. This made him to lose everything and he emerged over $26 million in debt. Also, I love the actual images that the author included in some places as the story progressed. This made the book a bit more interesting to peruse.

Personally, there is nothing that I disliked about Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery. This is because the book did not only detail the author’s burn zones; It also inspires the readers to take challenges head-on and to never look back. I found the book to be very captivating and motivational. In fact, it was an enjoyable read for me.

Overall, I am glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because the book is well organized. It was wonderfully written in a simple style. Also, it was professionally edited. I only noticed three minor punctuations and grammatical errors which were not enough to deduct a star. Therefore, I recommend the novel to motivational book lovers particularly adults. People with interests in business, cycling, and real estate will also enjoy the book.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This certainly sounds like a very inspirational book to read. It reminds us that it is important to keep trying when we have a failure. Thank you for a wonderful review!
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Thanks for the insightful review, sounds like it's a really motivational book. I know I give up far too easily sometimes, maybe I'll enjoy this book too.
jonalizatoga
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by jonalizatoga »

Wow,Inspiring story,more learning and we can apply in our life.
Dawud Adaviruku

Prisallen wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 15:29 This certainly sounds like a very inspirational book to read. It reminds us that it is important to keep trying when we have a failure. Thank you for a wonderful review!
Yeah, the book is a full of inspiration and motivations. Thank you for stopping by and for commenting!
Dawud Adaviruku

rumik wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 19:03 Thanks for the insightful review, sounds like it's a really motivational book. I know I give up far too easily sometimes, maybe I'll enjoy this book too.
Thank you for your thoughtful comments!
Dawud Adaviruku

jonalizatoga wrote: 15 Jul 2019, 19:19 Wow,Inspiring story,more learning and we can apply in our life.
Thank you for stopping by.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 672
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

What I've learned about the author is that he is hardworking and that he was determined to achieve his goal of being successful. Giving up was never an option for him. I love that the book's format is legit and that the writing has less flaws. You did great in your review. Kudos.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by thaservices1 »

I like that bit there you open with about driven teenagers. Very nicely done.
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
Purti10
Currently Reading: A Man Called Ove
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purti10.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Purti10 »

This sounds like an inspirational read. I liked how the author has described his life experiences in the book in a simple and organized manner. Thanks for the review!
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”