Eleanor And Park - Rainbow Rowell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Re: Eleanor And Park - Rainbow Rowell

Post by RoxieReads »

I just finished Fangirl and am super excited to move on to Eleanor and Park! I have heard so many good things about it!
~Roxie~
Syeda Shadan
Currently Reading: James Street
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-syeda-shadan.html
Latest Review: Brutal Valour: The Tragedy of Isandlwana by James Mace

Post by Syeda Shadan »

The most appreciative thing for me about Elenor was how she was unapologetic about being herself. The way she dressed, the accessories, the way she carried herself, all this even after knowing she will pointed out, she will be laughed upon, she will be assigned nicknames, cheap comments, etc. She seemed so real and complete, in the course of the time I read the book, she became my best friend whom I knew inside out, relating to her struggles with her reality. The panic attacks were delicately written, I think it was good to include her insecurities, she seemed real.
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

This book feels so... real. No fake falling in love, just real, awkward, first meetings, and first dates, all the most awkward.
Falling4Ever

Post by Falling4Ever »

RoxieReads wrote: 26 Jul 2019, 17:38 I just finished Fangirl and am super excited to move on to Eleanor and Park! I have heard so many good things about it!
It really is the most amazing and I hope you love it!
Falling4Ever

Post by Falling4Ever »

Viviana_Ortiz wrote: 06 Jul 2014, 22:44 I want to give this book a try, looks likes it's a really good book, and sounds like something I might read. Hopefully I can get my hands in a copy soon.
It really is a book that you fall in love with. I hope you read it and love it!!!
Browneh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-browneh.html
Latest Review: Spyder Bones by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Browneh »

ghostpixie wrote: 21 Jul 2014, 17:17 I didn't like Eleanor and Park, surprisingly enough! It was so promising, to me, and then I was just really disappointed. I liked Rowell's book Attachments much more than Eleanor and Park. I just found E&P to be really unbelievable, I guess. It's been a bit since I read it, but I do remember sitting in bed in disbelief at the ending, IMing a couple of my fellow bookworms on Facebook saying things along the lines of, "WHAT?!?!?! I'm so angry!!! I just finished this book and I HATED the ending!!!" This seems to be a really unpopular opinion, but whatever. That's just my two cents.
I have to agree with this I'm afraid! I really didn't like Rowell's writing style. I was thoroughly disappointed with the book. I've heard great things about "Fangirl" but I'm not sure whether I can give her books another go.
I-Love-Books-123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by I-Love-Books-123 »

:techie-reference: This review is for Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell.

4/5 stars

This is one of my favorite books, I love the realistic situations both characters go through and the way their relationship progresses throughout the novel.
The ending was absolutely incredible, I didn’t see it coming at all, but as I usually hate cliffhangers I loved this one so much.
I don’t think a more perfect conclusion is possible.
:tiphat:
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

It is such an adorable and beautiful book. A must read!!
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

I don't know why but I simply do not get the hype around this book. It wasn't terrible to be but it also wasn't mind blowing to me. I did appreciate the body-type representation and Asian rep. but it didn't feel like it was done in the best way possible. Some statements in the book were quite racist. Eleanor once even says, I wonder if the shape of his eyes change how he sees the world or something similar.
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

I hate to say that i didnt understand the hype around this book, i didnt enjoy it. The way the charachters went from park calling eleanor a weird girl and eleanor calling him a weird asian boy to "i want to eat his face off" makes no sense to me. The ending wasnt as sad as i expected it to be.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”