Review by thaservices1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
thaservices1
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thaservices1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Review by thaservices1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by thaservices1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands by Jorge P. Newbery is a short autobiographical novel detailing the life of an American entrepreneur. Jorge Newbury is a driven individual who worked throughout his youth to build a successful real estate venture. He was a record producer and professional competitive bicyclist in his younger years. He then moved into the field of lending and then into real estate renovation. By the early 2000s, he had owned thousands of apartment complexes and had become known for turning around distressed properties that all others had given up on. His optimism, confidence, and faith in fair dealing unfortunately led him into a multi-million dollar disaster in Ohio when he took on the project of a lifetime. Jorge's successes and setbacks are a tale to inspire and a lesson to all in getting back up when life kicks you down.

Newbury's writing is clear, honest, and informative. Besides the details of his business ventures, he writes of his family, their history, and the impact they have on his life. He includes wonderful stories of his youthful venture as a record producer in the 80s LA punk scene and his firsthand account of the Sunset Riots. He also details his career as a professional cyclist and the competitions he took part in.

I found nothing in the book that I personally disliked. What I enjoyed most about the book was its honest simplicity. Newbury speaks from his heart and seems like a decent human being. From his financial collapse he has gone on to create a unique business devoted to helping those with unreasonable mortgage debt. This business buys up distressed mortgages from lenders at extreme discounts and then passes those discounts on the owners. This allows people to remain in their homes and actually be able to pay them off. A compassionate solution to the country's real estate crisis which, surprisingly to most, has turned out to be a successful business model.

It seems Newbury has now embarked on yet another successful venture, that of an author. Having also read his book Debt Cleanse, I have no doubt that if he continues writing he will excel at this as well. He is clear, concise, and has what I consider as the most positive of motivators, the drive to help others. I would enjoy seeing him put his hand to other genres such as biography or modern history as some passages in this novel show great promise in those areas.

Overall, I found Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands to be an excellent novel and give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I can recommend it to any reader who enjoys autobiographies, inspirational tales, and those with an interest in American entrepreneurship. I cannot recommend it to the youngest of readers because of profanity and one amusing, yet mildly erotic scene. However, due to to its inspirational nature, I could recommend that parents selectively share excerpts with children as they see fit. There were very few grammar or formatting errors and I can confidently recommend the book as a four-star read.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"It is not the critic that counts..."
- Roosevelt
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”