Review by Smrithy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Smrithy
Favorite Book: Enif
Currently Reading: Daffodils
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithy.html
Latest Review: Enif by Russ Berg

Review by Smrithy -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Smrithy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

'Burn Zones, Playing Life's Bad Hands' is an autobiographical account of the life of Jorge P Newbery. It begins with the journey of the seven year old Jorge as a newspaper delivery boy and traverses through his achievements from an ice cream vendor to the thirteen year old busboy, athlete cyclist to a loan originator and finally to the Real Estate Mogul.

Though non-fiction may not be everybody's Cup of tea, Burn Zones is a book that almost all types of readers could relate. It depicts the life of Jorge,the shy introvert who was embarrassed about public dances, the outcast who was mocked as 'gypsy', the highschool dropout who was finally able to amass a huge empire. However his journey had an untimely halt when nature-curse hit in the form of a snowstorm. Jorge Newbery struggled hard but ended up in debt. Burn Zones thus imprints an incredible comeback of a man with his unending optimism.

The entire memoir is basked with the warmth of relationship. Jorge's heartmelting bond with his father is the crux of the book. Jennifer Newbery's (Jorge's mother) and Verria's connection with their mothers will definitely wet our eyes.The photographs displayed throughout the book provides a virtual connection for the readers with various individuals mentioned in the autobiography.

Burn Zones suits readers of all ages. The various stages of Newbery-the zealous newspaper boy,the adrenaline charged young cyclist, the calculative real estate tycoon, the overthrown Mogul and the mature, composed and thoughtful middle aged American Homeowner Preservation (AHP) CEO-appeals to all types of readers. Nevertheless it will be best suited to the aspiring young readers.

Jorge P Newbery has succeeded in finding an apt title for his autobiography. In his own words, Burn Zone is a "relatively short periods of extraordinary effort that separated the winners and losers". A well read man who always sought books for extra knowledge, Newbery knows how to pen down the essence of his life. A decisive and definitive man, moreover a compassionate human being, Jorge P Newbery was able to form a link with the social outcasts which is conspicuous through the work.

Without any doubt I was sure to award 4 out of 4 stars for the book.A well edited book with very rare errors, Burn Zones will provide the reader with a worthy reading experience.The business related terms and jargons used may create confusion for the readers who are not related to the business/real estate field at some point even though the author has tried his best to simplify the concepts.

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today."-
Alexander Vassilieff

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gulsa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Gulsa »

Interesting book. Surely gonna be in my bookshelf.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like a very interesting memoir, showing not only the ups of his financial life but the downs as well. Thank you for a well-written and interesting review!
Smrithy

Post by Smrithy »

Gulsa wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 09:42 Interesting book. Surely gonna be in my bookshelf.
Worth reading. Go ahead :)
Smrithy

Post by Smrithy »

Prisallen wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 11:20 This sounds like a very interesting memoir, showing not only the ups of his financial life but the downs as well. Thank you for a well-written and interesting review!
It is definitely. :) Thank you so much for commenting :tiphat:
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Sounds like an inspiring book to read. I don't think I have a problem with business related terminologies. I might consider the book. You did great in your review.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

What is very inspiring in the stories of people like Jorge is that they come back stronger in the face of adversity! Thank you for a wonderful review- I would be very interested in reading the book!
Smrithy

Post by Smrithy »

Nerea wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 13:03 Sounds like an inspiring book to read. I don't think I have a problem with business related terminologies. I might consider the book. You did great in your review.
The book is definitely an inspiring one. Go ahead. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :tiphat:
Smrithy

Post by Smrithy »

Manali_DC wrote: 25 Jul 2019, 13:05 What is very inspiring in the stories of people like Jorge is that they come back stronger in the face of adversity! Thank you for a wonderful review- I would be very interested in reading the book!
Yes, exactly. :). Thank you so much for commenting :tiphat:
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Non-fiction isn't my cup of tea, but your review is good enough for me to tell that this book is worth the read! :tiphat:
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Ekta Kumari
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rebecca
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-kumari.html
Latest Review: Humanity Must Survive the 21st Century by Theodore Vornicu
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Ekta Kumari »

Love the quote you included in your review. I usually don't read non-fiction, though this does sound interesting and inspirational for those who do. I like how you've highlighted all the themes in the book. Thanks for the comprehensive review. Enjoyed reading it.
"Words dazzle and deceive because they are mimed by the face. But black words on a white page are the soul laid bare."

-Guy de Maupassant
Smrithy

Post by Smrithy »

briellejee wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 00:58 Non-fiction isn't my cup of tea, but your review is good enough for me to tell that this book is worth the read! :tiphat:
Thank you so much ❤️
Smrithy

Post by Smrithy »

Ekta Kumari wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 08:27 Love the quote you included in your review. I usually don't read non-fiction, though this does sound interesting and inspirational for those who do. I like how you've highlighted all the themes in the book. Thanks for the comprehensive review. Enjoyed reading it.
Happy to know that you enjoyed the book 😊
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”