Review by Popcorn1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Popcorn1
Currently Reading: The reel sistelrs
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-popcorn1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by Popcorn1 -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Popcorn1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Success does not come easily. It involves many factors and considerations to attain success. Regardless of age, we can succeed in achieving the goals that we have set for ourselves. Jorge P. Newbery’s autobiographical Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands contains many scenarios that are relevant examples of the aforementioned statement.

At age 7, Jorge Newbery took up the job of delivering newspapers in his neighborhood. At age 11, he saved enough cash to buy a second-hand ice cream trike to try his luck in selling ice cream. At age 13, he wanted to take his professional life to the next level so he applied as a busboy at the UCLA Faculty Center. By age 15, he decided to drop out of school to start his own record company. He eventually became a record mogul. Once he accomplished his goals of the current moment, he lost interest since the fun had already diminished. He needed a new challenge to prove that he could excel at something. This conviction spurred him to become a bicycle racer, a loan originator, a real estate mogul, and an author.

Jorge Newbery is a man of courage. His success was achieved through the trials and tribulations that he overcame. In this book, there are many determining factors in the equation that he possesses. These factors are what helped him succeed in his goals. They are prominently displayed when he encounters a burn zone, the relatively short moment of time that separates the winners and losers in a race. He did not always win after he encountered a burn zone. Although there are times that he loses after a burn zone, he is still resilient. He persevered all the way through to carve out his path to success.

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands is an inspirational book. Jorge Newbery’s determination, perseverance, resiliency, and confidence are awe-inspiring that it drew me in to witness his epic journey. The start of the steep roller-coaster ride began when he encountered his most difficult burn zone. That is when Woodland Meadows, an apartment complex that he owned, was hit by a ferocious ice storm in 2004. His competitors took this opportunity and they backed him into a corner. As a result, he was slandered, publicly shamed, and worst of all financially gutted. However, he did not lose his calm and he persevered through it all which is very admirable. In the end, he gained many benefits from this loss. He also shared the tight bond that his family has and it is very heart-warming. It adds a cozy feel to the atmosphere of the book. It also projects a soothing feeling after the rough roller-coaster ride.

The book is written exceptionally well and it is also meticulously edited. Overall I enjoyed reading the book. I have also obtained bountiful gains from it, therefore, I give it a well-deserved rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to the aspiring entrepreneurs, to those who are low in self-confidence, and to people who faced many failures in their lives. This book is open to everyone regardless of gender, occupation, and race.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

I like the recommendations you've given. It's clear how much you enjoyed this and have gained some useful information. Thanks for the review!
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

I’ve read a few reviews of this book, and they all seem to agree that it is exceptional. I’ll have to try it out. Thanks for the review and recommendation!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

I loved Burn Zones. I can't understand how someone can give less than 4 stars to such great book. Your review did justice to the book, Popcorn1. Good work. :tiphat:
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”