Review by darkqueen -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
darkqueen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkqueen.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Review by darkqueen -- Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by darkqueen »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Burn Zones" by Jorge P. Newbery.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Burn Zones: Playing Life’s Bad Hands is the autobiography of Jorge P. Newbery. It is published by Community Books LLC. This book is very short and easy to read in comparison to many other autobiographies I read and only consist of ten chapters in total. this book is more like a novel than a memoir, taking the reader away to Neverland, only it is the reality of our world.

The book starts with a seven-year-old kid trying to find his place in the world, of course, that’s no one other than Jorge himself. While all others at his age were having fun and wasting their time, he was working as a paperboy to Herald Examiner and also Evening Outlook and earning double pay with a single ride. then he climbed up in the larder with the help of his family, form a paperboy to ice cream vendor, dishwasher, owner of a record company and now the CEO of American Homeowner Preservation.

This book’s highlight is the chapter about Woodland Meadows.it is the most important chapter off the whole book. It is the climax of the author's whole life story.it clearly shows how capitalism smashes others unfairly. While Jorge tried to build-up a friendly environment for the African American men, the political wolfs used the natural disaster that occurred in December 2004 to shut down his program. They made him lose all his confidence in himself and Woodland Meadows using everything at their disposal, media for example.

The way how Jorge finds a way to get up from where his life pushed him down is simply amazing. You can see that his time as an athlete helped him a lot in his life and he overcame every block in his life by thinking it as a Burn Zone in a bike race. At the start of the book the author has pointed out his strengths and flaws, which is very hard to find out and it helps the reader to understand the actions of the author throughout his life.

I like this book very much because this book holds golden advises for every youngster who wants to succeed in their life.it has many pictures from Jorge’s life, making the reader enjoy reading much more. I recommend this inspiring memoir to everyone especially to adults who are interested in autobiographies, real estate, and housing finance and to everyone who needs serious inspirations to get back on their feet.

I found no grammatical errors in the book. I rate this well-written book 4 out of 4 stars. The line I love the most in this book is “never, ever look back, as this is a sign of weakness. “.

Burn Zones
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvocaDebo621
Currently Reading: The Daily Stoic
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avocadebo621.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by AvocaDebo621 »

The book is a simple narrative of the author’s life and his experience, rather than a preachy “how-to guide” to instant success. Loved reading it. I really enjoyed your review. 🙂

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”